Gender

Blog blog, bloggy blog blog.

Its time for my blog.

This part right here is the part no one really cares about, so just feel free to skip it if you want to get to something actually serious and thought provoking, instead of... ya'know... my just writing blog.

Im feeling a surprising bit hyper as of now. Im not sure quite what brought it on (OK, that was an understatement. I have no idea what brought it on). However, i find it to be slightly annoying. No one is hear for me to actually annoy, lol. My friend came back to school after being out for three days from a sickness. He is a rather serious person, which is in stark contrast with me. Im still curious as to if he enjoyed me skipping and jumping full speed down the hall to him yelling his name. Im just going to assume yes. Anyways though, as i feel this newfound energy escape my body i know it is time for me to move on to the more serious things.

This is something that i personally came up with on my own. I did look into a bit and realized that others have found this belief as well, so i feel rather pleased with myself. I am always looking for the facts of life. The truths, the things that will never be false and will never change. However, many others do not look for this, and seek only to victimize themselves so that they feel they deserve special things that others do not. Here, i will quote an amazing anonymous quote reflecting a certain belief about modern "social justice" movements.

"Ill be honest before he came into my life, i was pretty strongly into the ‘Social Justice’ crowd. Looking back, that whole thing operates a lot like a cult. It lures in vulnerable people, especially young people. People who’re going through puberty an trying to figure out their sexuality. people who might be dealing with [a] disability or mental illness or whose family is breaking up.

It sucks them in by spoon-feeding the idea that they are special and worthy. It guilts them if they don’t treat everybody else as special and worthy too. It starts forcing you to see everybody as being in a hierarchy.

Then it gets you to alienate yourself from friends. Your friend sometimes makes racist/sexist jokes? Cut her [/him] out of your life. Got any conservative friends? Cut them out of your life. Got any friends who are white straight men? Cut them out of your life, they’re the oppressors. Constantly berate people if they slip up, because everybody else must be held to the same standards that you are and no other ways of thinking are ‘right’.

Then it tells you to start criticizing and trying to change your family. It tells you to ‘call out’ any little thing they do ‘wrong’. It warps your perception until you are a victim and constantly on defense. [it] breaks you off from everybody and makes you feel awful for things you cannot control - and then, if you disagree or start questioning, it cuts you off from the only support you have left, and you are attacked and viciously berated. Maybe if you grovel enough they’ll let you be redeemed and come back, but you will never be allowed to forget the one mistake you made.

Eventually i found anti-[social justice] logs, where people were actively critiquing these concepts and the [social justice] culture. Originally i felt nothing but hatred for them - but then the words started to sink in. I started questioning whether this was really ‘right’. I saw how so many people leading the crowd were hugely hypocritical. I realized that i had been causing the problems in my life. not ‘oppression’. I apologized to my family for how id been acting an im lucky they were still supportive of me. Id lost a lot of friends, including some people i was very close to. It has taken me a long time to rebuild those relationships. It was a very bad period of my life, and one that took a lot of effort to drag myself away from.


Then another person decides to make their reply to this person.

“This is basically the cycle of abuse, but its being reinforced collectively.

Find someone who is vulnerable, jump on them - pull them in by giving them something they want or need. Use this as leverage to assert further control. Then once you’ve assumed total control (or possibly even direct control), they will begin to withhold what they originally offered you until you obey.”


I give you these quotes not as an attack upon you, or someone you know, or even your beliefs or ideals, but as food for the mind. Nothing is good stasis, especially the mind. It must always be tried and tested to make sure it can grow, expand, and operate to its highest potential.

Agree or disagree with it, give it some thought. It is a rare opportunity that you will hear someone expressing this viewpoint. From what i have personally witnessed in life, very few people will actually talk about this, and even less will attempt to debate it rationally. Most, i feel, are afraid of being attacked by the obviously intensely passionate followers, so they withhold any comments they may have about it. Or will even say what they think others will want to hear as a protective mechanism. This MUST stop though. If you feel strongly about something, you must speak up, and you must be rational with both your arguments and thought process. All i want is for people to think for themselves, and not be led because it makes them feel good about themselves.

Anyways, before i offend people more than i already most likely have (even though everything i have said has been neutral and respectful), i would like to move on to the main piece of though for this blog. Gender identity.

I would like to suggest the idea that Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation is a Social Construct, and not a personal one. Please remember, that i am still fleshing this idea out, so evidence may seem thin or sketchy- but keep with me. Think about if yourself, im sure you will see where i am coming from.

It is commonly know that ancient Greece was quite gay. It was actually considered weird you if you were heterosexual, and not homosexual. In fact, the only reason people really had heterosexual contact was for reproduction. Plato even made a statement saying that the army should be comprised of gay lovers.

However, as time progressed, it became the norm for people to be straight, even to a point where anybody who was not wholeheartedly heterosexual was punished or even executed. Such a large change is rather odd, and in my opinion far from coincidental.

However, if we look at this as though society is what plays the largest rule in determining sexual orientation or gender identity, we see how this may not be so far-fetched. In our current time period, we are led to believe 1 of 2 major beliefs. Either homosexuality is unnatural and wrong, or homosexuality is fine, as well as transexuality, and asexuality. Whatever group has influenced us the most will undoubtedly be a deciding factor in our orientation and identity.

It raises the question what would happen if we raised someone with no preconceived notion of what is normal or not? It certainly would be an interesting idea.

And as a final piece of evidence, i will offer up a bit of personal things i have noticed.

I have two asexual friends. Both are very awkward in person, live/d very sheltered childhoods (all time spent on Internet). This leads me to believe that it is a possibility that asexuality is caused by a lack of basic sexual understanding in youth. That had no grounds to place their beliefs on, so they retreated as a mechanism of coping with their overwhelming feelings.

I have one Bi-friend. He originally told people he was bi for attention, and then gradually began to realize he was. This began during early puberty, leading my to believe that as an impressionable child he began enforcing ideals onto himself, which took over in his young mind.

As for myself, I am bi-sexual as well. I for the longest time actually called myself straight and believed that i was, until i started paying more attention to the way i felt about things. It got to a point where im like... ok... i like this, and this is very gay. There is no way i can like this and not be gay, so ill just admit it. Im gay.

For this reason, i believe that everyone is bisexual, but early societal influences help sculpt (through fear) what we will ultimately accept as truth.

Sorry, i know this is rough, but it just came to me and i am still working on fleshing the idea out. I hope i did not offend anyone, im simply trying to get people to think about what they do, and why we do what we do.

Feel free to comment, im sure to respond. You can also message me if you like, but i mean, id prefer if you’d just comment please... lol

Have a good night everyone.
November 15th, 2013 at 03:51am