OWL Homework

So before all my wonderful little nerd buddies freak out and think these "OWLs" are related to Harry Potter--they're not.

I know, I was crushed too when I found out.

No, in fact these OWLs are actually for organic chemistry. OWL is where I do my chemistry homework, and the one I'm working on is naming alkenes and alkynes. It's pretty cool because I recognize what certain stuff on the back of cans actually looks like, but I'm still a beginner because this is general organic chemistry.

Do you know what what my homework freaking spit out at me? This monster: 2,13-dimethyltetradeca-2,12-diene-4,6,8,10-tetrayne. Excuse my french, but what the fucking hell is that!? Did some really bored scientist throw a bunch of carbons, hydrogens, and random bonds together thinking it's fun to torture the poor college kid trying to pass her class?

Not even Google knows what this looks like. And I'm suppose to draw this bastard? Do you know how many carbons are on this bad boy? Fourteen--FOURTEEN!

And it's an computer program, so I have to draw it the way the program says is right--never mind the fact that I'm not even sure what it looks like.

I'm just...ugh...and then there is an exam Monday...
November 16th, 2013 at 01:09am