Someone Got Mad At Me Today Because I'm Pro-Choice

Not even kidding. A few people were talking about the topic of abortion and I happened to be right there. Someone asked me if I was pro-choice or pro-life. All I said was, "Pro-choice." This girl starting screaming at me and accused me of allowing murder and then asked why I don't think about adoption.

To put it shortly (since I've written a blog about abortion already), I'm pro-choice because my opinions shouldn't control what women as a whole do to their bodies. If a woman wants to get an abortion because she's not financially stable - fine. If she wants one because she's not mentally stable - fine. If she wants one because she wasn't ready for a baby - fine. If she wants one because she was raped and the baby would be a sick reminder - fine. It's none of my business what someone does to their body and it isn't anyone else's. If you want to get an abortion, whatever the reason may be - fine. I won't judge you.

The reason I don't think about adoption is because I know there are a lot of women out there who just aren't stable - for lack of a better word - enough to carry a baby inside them. Do you mind if I use myself as an example? I'm a 16 year old girl. If I got raped and pregnant at this age, I would probably get an abortion. I don't think I'm physically ready and I know I'm not mentally ready enough to carry a human being inside me. Plus, I can barely take care of myself without my parent's help. How would I be able to take care of a person growing inside of me?

So that's why I'm pro-choice. If you're pro-life - fine. I won't judge you on that. Let's just agree to disagree?
November 16th, 2013 at 01:39am