bit.ly/15fF5Zl

Since last Saturday I can proudly say I am the owner of a driver’s licence. I was very excited about that little pink, kind of gay-looking card that permitted me to drive a car. Now I can give a speech about how much responsibility I need have and about I’m finally independent, but that’s bullshit. I am not more responsible than before and I am certainly not independent, because I don’t own a car. The more interesting part about this is how I managed to get it.
I had to do the exam twice, because I was driving in 5th gear on the highway the first time. That was pretty annoying, because I had to pay it for myself when I didn’t pass it the first time. I am very frustrated with those driving schools. It costs tons of money and even to take your exam you need to pay 36 euros. And the worst part about this, they don’t even teach you how to drive properly. When I’m next to my father in the car, he constantly gets angry with me because I don’t drive the “proper” way. For example my father wants me to use my handbrake when I’m starting upon a hill, but I was not allowed to do that on my exam.
So basically, I don’t know anymore what the proper way of driving is. And I actually do not care. As long as I don’t jeopardize others, I will cruise on the high way in 5th gear, just because there’s a little pink card in my handbag with my name on it and my ugly passport photo. In your face.
November 18th, 2013 at 01:48pm