My Friends Can be Frustrating.

I love my friends to death, I really do. All of us have been there for one another during the good times and the bad times as well. I've always supported all of my friends, and I don't think it's greedy to expect the same in return.

I've been in a relationship for quite awhile now, and I hate the fact that I purposely have to not talk about anything relationship related to one of my friends because she's so bitter, that she lashes out at me about it. I heard through our mutual friends that she felt offended that I hadn't been telling her things, so when I began to open up to her again, I got the same attitude I've always gotten.

"Oh."

-insert indiscreet eye rolls-

-sighs-

"I'm happy for you, I really am... I hate being alone. I'm so alone. No one is ever going to love me. It's easy for you because you're pretty."

That just brushes the surface. I constantly feel like I have to be on the defense with her at all times because she'll low-key tear at me for being happy. I just don't understand it, because she likes my boyfriend, and our other friend is in a relationship, yet she doesn't treat her that way. It's just frustrating. When I'm happy, I like to be open about the fact that I'm happy just like any other person. I don't like having to hide certain parts of my life away.

I've tried to talk to her several times, and she just tells me she's a jealous person and she's "forever alone" and then refuses to hear anything I have to say after that. It's very, very difficult and frustrating.

I feel like I'm losing her as a friend, which sucks, but I Just don't know how to handle the situation anymore. I feel like I've hit a stalemate.
November 20th, 2013 at 05:18pm