Don't Give Up...

I've not always been in love with reading, for it was hard for me because of my dyslexia. Until my Freshman year in High School I had never really even finished a book without help. For some reason I was bored one day and picked up a book, I stayed up all night and finished the book. I felt a great sense of accomplishment. I can still remember the book, it was A Great And Terrible Beauty. Ever since then I have read anything I can get my hands on. For a while it became an obsession, I had to stay up all fight not going to sleep because I had to know how the story ended. I was a bit worried, until my mother suggested that I try and write a story. I was leery about doing this because I had been reading throughout High School and I did not want this to start a new obsession of writing. I did have an obsession in the end but not the one everyone thought it was going to be. For three years now I have never yet finished a book, because I do not feel they are good enough. I have came up with over a dozen stories, but ended up giving up on the idea and starting a new. So I guess what I'm trying to say is you are your own worst critic, and not everyone is going to love your stories, but don't give up.
November 21st, 2013 at 09:12am