Judgemental People

I felt the need to have a small rant about people who judge others. The reason for this rant? Something that's happened to me on countless occasions.

First of; why do people think it's their god given right to point out peoples flaws? No-one gave anyone the right to purposely point out things about people whether it be someone's weight, height, acne, scars etc etc. That people may have an illness, something they struggle with everyday. They don't need reminding of it on a daily basis.

Personally I deal with it quite a lot, people pointing out my scars, my burn marks, my new cuts. Laughing at me, calling me pathetic and childish. That only drives me to make more. Don't point something like that out, you have no idea what that person has to deal with on a day to day basis.

"Don't cut, be happy"

"You have nothing to be sad about"

Don't say them sort of things to people either. It's not as easy as just 'being happy'. It's not easy to just stop self-harming. Have a little respect.

Secondly; why do people judge someone just for having tattoo's or piercings? Just because some has a few or a lot, it doesn't change a persona personality. They are still the same person. They just choose to express themselves by being pierced or having their skin coloured. Who are they harming? They certainly aren't harming you are they? If someone wants to cover themselves in tattoo's and piercings then let them. It shouldn't affect your life the way it does, especially when it comes to jobs.

Tattoo's and piercings don't define someone's ability to work.

Thirdly; music taste. I'm sick of seeing the same everyday. I, myself am judged for listening to rock/metal/punk and every other genre related to them.

Before you begin to judge someone on their music taste, get to know them! You'll more than likely find out that music has a big infulence on that persons life like it does for a lot of people.

At the end of the day, just because someone looks different, or doesn't have the same music taste or whatever as you doesn't make them a bad person. All our differences make us different and unique. Let's be real, who wants to live in a worl where everyone is the same and likea the same stuff? No-one does

Don't change who you are to fit in, be yourselves. If that means you colouring in your entire body. Do it. If you want a dozen piercings, do it. If you want to listen to metal/rock/pop/rap etc etc. Then you go ahead and you play that music loud and with pride. Do what makea you happy and shout a big fuck you to the world.

On the last and final note; has anything like this happened to you? If so, how did you deal with it?

- vickyptv
November 23rd, 2013 at 03:22pm