My Puppy Had Surgery

I'm finally home from college! Well... for Thanksgiving break anyway. But then I only have two weeks left of school before I'm home for winter break!

Can I just tell you though, it's good to be home. But my puppy just had surgery on her side, she had a tumor removed :( But the prognosis is really good, they think they got it all and it doesn't look like it'll be coming back. I hope it doesn't because both my mom and her boyfriend told me flat out that they don't have money to get her more surgery if it does come back. It's kind of annoying because I know my dad would spend as much money as possible if it was his dog, or he'd figure something out if he didn't have the money. Is it bad that I kind of feel like, if it was me they would to anything to keep me alive but since she's "just a dog" they won't. It's still a life, right? I guess I just don't get why some lives are considered more worthy of saving than others. I mean, I get it, but I don't.

But she's such a sweetie, especially right now. If I leave her sight she gets really upset. Like, literally I can't get off the couch without her following me. And it's so sad because she has the big cone on her head, so it's like hitting me in the legs because she walks so close to me, and it bumps into everything else. Earlier she knocked a pan over and scared herself, it was the saddest thing. I went out to smoke a cigarette and I had to leave the door open so she could see me, and she just laid there watching me.

Image

Image

Isn't she the cutest?

Anyway, I have some inspiration to write so I'm gonna go try and do that. I'm in an Outsiders phase, baby!!!!

Image
November 27th, 2013 at 03:26pm