How do you merge two completely different writing styles together?

We don't have a problem yet...but I hope we just don't have problems with this. I'm super excited that my bestie in person, Rachel, said yes to my proposal of doing a co-write. I've been thinking about asking her for a month of Sundays, so last night I finally did. She of course agreed. I mean, who can say no to me? (Besides everyone else in the entire world?)

Image


Rachel decided that she thinks all my other stories are too weird. She thinks of demons in the traditional sense so she doesn't want to even think about Masquerade, she doesn't like fan fictions even though she used to write them, and a lot of my ideas are more young adult teenage melodrama (she definitely doesn't want that.)

Image


She's also a lot more hardcore than I am. Most of my writing is all innocent except for the occasional psychopath who cuts into a young intern's leg and giggles. Well, she (before thinking about the fact that the story is about wolves) just blurts out how about we throw in some cannibalism! She didn't word it quite that way but it still made me say, Oh My God! Rachel!!
Image


And she's like...

Image


So now I've come to the conclusion that this is going to be a creep fest of a story that's turned into one of those...

Image


...things.

But we've decided to do The Keeper of the Stars. I don't even know if people still read that story. It's like second to last on my story list right now. But it'll be revamped soon with a new layout and new story and a new writer!! So look out for that.

But trust me, it'll be a long while before anything solid happens because, well, I'm swamped and Rachel has an actual job plus six chapters to edit and play with before we start posting.

~Lulie Belle.
November 27th, 2013 at 04:44pm