Today I Am Thankful Ian Watkins Got Caught

Today is Thanksgiving here in the U.S., and it's been great so far. I'm with my dad having the best dinner and I'm grateful to be doing so well.

But perhaps the one thing that I am most grateful for is that Ian Watkins of Lostprophets pleaded guilty to his crimes yesterday. I was never a fan and I always thought he was an extremely unattractive man so there is absolutely no underlying sadness about all of this except for the ache I feel for his victims as well as his family, band and countless fans whose heart were single-handedly broken.

Paedophilia is one of the most disgusting and horrific things a person could engage in and I almost feel bad for him because he is clearly sick in the head...almost. He deserves everything he is sentenced to and I am so pleased that he has been stopped. It's a shame it couldn't be sooner. A lot of lives would have been saved from the inevitable scarring.

It's just sad that all these loyal fans have been let down by him. When I saw the news, one of the first things that went through my mind after the general shock of hearing just what he put these children through, I thought, What if that was my idol?. I cannot imagine the sorrow, disappointment and (most likely) hate his followers are experiencing.

If it were my main man, Billie Joe (a man who I have numerous posters of in my room and have worshiped since I was a small child), I would feel so sick and hurt that I doubt I would talk for a week. Heck, when he checked into rehab last year, my heart broke for him. Add anger and loss of trust and you have a full out disaster. I'm so sorry to any of Watkin's fans. Stay strong and remember that he is not worth it.

Forgive me if this is scatterbrained and awkward. I just read the Huffington Post article on this is and I am so thoroughly disturbed right now that I doubt I'm even thinking coherently.

Happy Thanksgiving and be grateful for everything you have! xx poison
November 28th, 2013 at 11:17pm