My thoughts on Ian Watkins

So my brain refuses to wind down and let me sleep, and my dad is snoring like a bull elephant in the next room, so I thought now would be a good time to get out all the shit that's been flying round my head for the past few days.

The thing that keeps coming into my head is that The Betrayed was well named. There are so many of us, including his band mates, who feel beyond betrayed right now. I mean, my heart bleeds for those poor babies, but we have a right to feel hurt and angry and down right betrayed. We gave our hearts and souls to Lostprophets, and he's destroyed everything.

I mean, those men and their music got me through the hardest years if my life, and to now find out that for almost all of that time, he's been destroying those poor kids lives... It may be in many different ways, but that man has destroyed more lives and more hearts than anyone will ever be able to count.

I keep thing about Jamie, Lee, Mike, Stu and Jocko, too. I mean, he's destroyed their livelihoods; all but Jocko have kids of their own, so he's probably planted a seed of terror in them regarding their own kids; and it'll be a very long time before most people will be able to look at them without thinking "ohh, he was in that band with that paedo, wasn't he?" And that's not fair for them, they just wanted to do something they loved and maybe help people while they did it, and he's ruined that for them, too.

Ok, I think I got everything out, and while I've upset myself, I feel like a weight has been lifted. I may end up adding to this later, bu for now, I'm going to see if I've unloaded enough to get some sleep now.

Dash
November 30th, 2013 at 02:24am