I Finally Got Myself a Shiny Sylveon [There's Also a Battle Video in Here]

Image
Image
Look at him~
Isn’t he pretty~
I love him so much. (^ _ ^)/

I’m so happy that I finally got my hands on a shiny Sylveon. I’ve been wanting one for so long since we first saw what they looked like. Personally, I think shiny Sylveon is a lot prettier than regular Sylveon.

I am not his original trainer actually, I traded for him. I traded my shiny Aipom for him. I was pretty surprised someone wanted Aipom, especially for something like Eevee. Aipom is not very popular and my Aipom was Modest nature, so it had a horrible nature on top of everything else. But everything kind of worked out for me. I managed to find the shiny Aipom a couple days ago. I was in one of my Friend Safaris farming Chansey for Lucky Eggs when he popped out at me. I'm not a fan of Aipom so I'm glad I could get him traded for something I like more.

I had the girl name him Pixie because, well, he’s a pixie. He’s a fairy, isn’t he? IT'S A CUTE NAME. He’s caught in a premier ball and he’s Impish nature. His nature is a bit of a setback since it does lower his SP. Attack, but we can work around that. As you can see from his move-set, attacking will not be his main use. Yes, Pixie is going to be a wall and a Toxic Staller. Sylveon makes a great one. Sylveon has got great Defense and SP. Defense. He also has good HP. If you equip the Leftovers onto him (which I will) then he restores HP a bit every turn. Having Protect gives him a turn of immunity for more health. Draining Kiss will restore his health and Calm Mind will further increase his already high SP. Defense.

You want to see how good of a wall Sylveon is? Put this code into your VS. Seeker: M5AG-WWWW-WWW3-BKZL

That was a battle I had a couple days ago against a Random Passerby person. We traded first and after I ended the trade, he challenged me to a Double Battle with Flat Rules. I knew I had my team ready in my Battle Box so I accepted it. For those who can’t view the video, the four I used were Florges, Sylveon, Gardevoir, and Mawile. The remaining two I didn’t use were Carbink and Delphox. I forgot I had Delphox temporarily stashed in my Battle Box while I trained Klefki. I didn’t mind though. The Delphox I used is a Magician one who is fully IV trained, so she would have been useful regardless. I also forgot I had Carbink. Carbink isn't yet fully trained so I don't know why he was in my Battle Box. (・_・ヾ

The battle was going really well but then, I made the mistake of switching into Gardevoir. I didn’t see Brave Bird coming. The entire fight, his Talonflame used Flamethrower so I didn’t expect Brave Bird. I had a mini freak-out when Gardevoir was OHKOed. I switched into her because I wanted to take that Talonflame out. If you don’t know, Fairy moves are not effective against Fire-types, so Fire-types can be a bit of a struggle for Fairies. And then he just had to use Brave Bird that one turn… and get a Critical Hit with it too! ~(>_<)~

He was pretty lucky the entire battle. Two SP. Attack lowers, a Critical Hit, and later on he got a Burn on Sylveon via Flamethrower.

After he took down Gardevoir like that then he used Brave Bird again to take down Florges, who is just as bulky as Sylveon is. I’m glad his Talonflame died when it did or else Mawile may not have been able to survive a Flamethrower from it. Having a quad-weakness to Fighting, his Aurorus didn’t stand a chance against Mega Mawile’s Brick Break. I had another mini freak-out when he pulled out Delphox, I was sure he was going to Flamethrower Mawile but… He didn’t? I mean I’m glad he didn’t, Mawile would probably have never survived that but I don’t know why he didn’t. I also don’t know why I used Sludge Bomb that first turn, I should have used Crunch. My mind blanked. I don’t know. The good news is that Mawile no longer has Sludge Bomb, she now has Swords Dance and she’s become even more of a wrecking machine.

Funny thing is before this, I never used Mawile. I have never liked Steel-types because they're so slow and honestly, most of them are really well.... Ugly. I'm sorry! I just don't like them. But Mawile has always looked pretty badass to me, but I never used it because I'm biased against Steel-types. Since it was given a Mega Evolution and a Fairy-type, I decided to use Mawile and honestly, Mawile is amazing. She pulls me out from a lot of tight spots. I can't believe I never gave her a chance before X/Y.

Overall, this “Francisco” person did put up a good fight. He was better than the majority of Passerbys that challenge me to a battle. But there you go; you can see how much of a tank Sylveon on is and how well a Fairy team can do even when up against two Fire-types. (ノ^_^)ノ

To be honest though, I’m not really that good of a battler. Compared to other competitive battlers, I’m awful at it. (゚ー゚; But that doesn’t bother me too much, I do the online battling more for fun than anything. Like for example, out of the six battles I did this morning on Battle Spot, I only won two of them. 〈(゜。゜) I came close to winning a third but her Mega Charizard Y got a Critical Hit with Heat wave and took down both of my remaining Pokemon. 〈(゜。゜)

This is, of course, not counting the battles where my opponent disconnected on me. There were three of those this morning I think.

Now my next task is to find a shiny female Dedenne. I can’t have it being male, it won’t work with the plans I’ve got for her. If you have a shiny female Dedenne you’re willing to trade, feel free to message me. I’m willing to work something out. Over the last two days, I’ve spent around 5 hours in my Dedenne safari looking and hoping for a shiny. But… Nothing. Absolutely nothing. There’s no shinies at all popping up for me. I want a shiny Dedenne so badly, they’re so cute. Once I get my shiny Dedenne, that’ll probably be it for me. Unless I find another super cute one that I can’t live without.

To close this blog, can I say one last almost unrelated thing? I HATE SPEED BOOST BLAZIKEN. Why the fuck did Game Freak have to give away a Speed Boost Blaziken? They’re all over Battle Spot and they’re one of the most annoying things to face ever. Fucking Protect and Swords Dance combo with Speed Boost. Goddamn it. I really wish Game Freak hadn’t handed out a free Speed Boost Blaziken to everyone. ಠ_ಠ

I’m done now.
December 1st, 2013 at 11:45pm