This probably sounds really bad.

This will probably sound really bad, but, let me explain.

I was sitting at the table with my siblings, and we were discussing what each of us wanted for christmas, and I was basically asking what everyone wanted for christmas and I turned to my youngest sister, and I ask, "what do you want for christmas?" She looks at me and responds with, "I want a Macbook Pro." I literally have a blank expression on my face, and tell her, "you can go f*ck yourself."

This probably sounds horrible for me to say to my younger sister, BUT, my sister is 15 years old and spoiled. She thinks because I have one, she needs one. Difference is, I actually saved up my money to buy myself one. Thinking back on my childhood, my parents were ridiculously strict with my siblings and I. I'm talking about full out authoritarian parenting style. I couldn't look at my parents the wrong way. And to a lot of people this may seem really extreme, but I think it really worked out well for my siblings and I in the end. I don't hold anything against my parents, because I know they were doing it for our benefit and to teach us to want to work hard for what we want and not expect everything on a silver platter. There are many ways of doing this, my parents just decided to choose a different method and I know a lot of people think it's wrong (they've told me to my face basically). I don't think there's a right or wrong way, (okay, I don't condone abusing your children, so don't think that). I just mean every parent has his or her own way of raising their children.

I also wasn't born here in Canada, my family and I were all born in Italy, except for my youngest sister. She was born in Canada, and I don't know if that's what this is about, or my parents just got older and tired of having such a firm hand with us. I mean they still are strict with us now, but my little sister gets away with so much.

I can't help feeling resentment towards her for it, although it's not her fault, but still, she gets what she wants the majority of the time, while the rest of us are still being raised like we were when we were much younger. I don't know it's been on my mind lately. I'm also going broke buying everyone's christmas gifts but hey, that's the holidays I guess.

School's almost done too. I cannot wait. Ugh. Just want it over with, and to be on winter break and to be shopping off Amazon. Lol, how sad is my life?

I'm off too study for my finals, and write up some chapters for my stories. I'll leave you with this hilarious photo. Have a lovely evening,

Image

Baci e Abbracci,
Bianca.
December 2nd, 2013 at 02:10am