The Death Of Two Very Amazing Men... Hits Me Like A BrickWall.

I don't know how many of you here know who Paul Walker is... He played Brian O'Conner in the Fast and Furious movies opposite of Vin Disel who played Dominic Toretto.

Paul Walker died Saturday afternoon in a fiery car crash along with his close friend Roger Rodas. They raced together (professionally), and started the ROWW organization...

I don't know why but this death has hit me harder than any other death this year... My best friend's mom passed away and I quickly accepted that she is in a better place and no longer suffering... But Paul? Paul dying has put me into such a funk that my mother in law asked me this morning, "you're really hurt by this aren't you? It weighs heavily on your heart?" I could do nothing but cry some more.

Maybe because it's all over my Facebook page (I have several of the FF actors on my page as well as his organization as well as a bunch of car pages who have fans that are all FF fans and are also taking it hard).. Maybe because CNN alerts me to every breaking news and this entire accident has been breaking news for them. Or maybe it's just because I'm weird.

Paul Walker was an AMAZING man and an even greater person. He had a damn good heart and tried to do everything in his power to help people. Ten years ago he anonymously bought a $10,000 ring for an Iraqi veteran and his fiancee because they couldn't afford it.

He started the organization ROWW, Reach Out Worldwide, and even personally traveled to areas such as Haiti to help with rescue efforts. Unlike most celebrities, this wasn't a hugely publicized fact because he didn't do it for the publicity. He did it for the people who were hurting and needing help.

Paul Walker has a 15 year old daughter who had recently come to live with him, and I can't even imagine the kind of pain that poor girl is going through.. not to mention his father, siblings, and girlfriend.

Roger Rodas was just as good of a person as Paul was. He had an organization that helped orphans and widows out in El Salvador which is where he is from and has two little kids at home...

My heart is broken, my head is cloudy and my eyes are blurry... When I got the alert for the autopsy results today.. my stomach twisted and I nearly threw up... The way they died... And because of my stupid love for cars, all the ads on the side of all my web pages are about stupid cars and stupid movies about cars... I can't even fucking handle it. I feel like I'm losing my mind and it's stupid... I feel so freaking stupid for being so upset about a man I never met, nor would probably have ever met... And I'm angry at the person who took video of the smoking car... Paul died of thermal injuries as well as traumatic ones... he fucking burned in that fire... and that person sat their and just recorded it... I know it's irrational to be angry at them.. but all I can think is that if I had been there, I would have run for that car the second I saw it smoking... I would have tried so hard to save one of them... and I know it's wrong to be angry at whoever shot that video... but I can't help it. And now this blog is way too long and way too scatterbrained... I just needed to vent...
December 4th, 2013 at 08:09pm