late night rants about abortion | new blog layout wee

Okay so let me just start by saying that I completely understand that everybody is entitled to their own opinion. Sometimes it kills me to do so, but I understand that not everyone will agree with me. That's fine. But sometimes I really, really don't understand how somebody can feel like they can justify their opinion when it makes absolutely no sense.

Alright, so I have an uncle. He's real big on politics and thinks Obama is satan and he's a huge a sexist. Like he basically thinks that it's a woman's job to stay home and take care of the kids while the man is out making the money. Don't get me wrong, he's my favorite uncle though there isn't much of a competition and everything, but he's very narrow-minded so once he believes he's right, there's no changing his mind. Onto the actual rant lol.

We're all just sitting around and talking and - big shocker - my uncle brings up a sorta heavy topic: abortion. He starts to say that a woman shouldn't have an abortion because "what if your baby has the brain to cure cancer?" or some shit like that. Okay. Let's pause. Yeah, maybe it does have the cure. But maybe it's brain is on it's Jeffrey Dahmer shit and wants to eat people. So no, I personally don't find that to be a valid anti-abortion argument.

THEN HE GOES ON TO SAY THAT, because a woman shouldn't mess around because she should stay "pure" that's a whole nother rant omfg and wait for the man she'll marry, she should have the baby regardless. And so when I brought up, "well what if the baby's daddy isn't around and the mother can't afford a baby?" and "what if the mother's on so many drugs the baby will probably be messed up somehow from it?", he just said that abortion should only be legal in cases of rape or incest. Because women shouldn't be out and messing around.

OKEE FUCKING DOKEE THEN. maybe if the man wrapped it up like they taught us in fucking grade school...

Then he goes on to say that, "while he doesn't believe this" ha yeah right then why'd ya bring it up "he once heard that if a man couldn't fix a car, he was useless; if a woman couldn't make a meal, she was useless." PLEASE LET ME ADD THAT HIS WIFE IS BRINGING IN A BIGGER INCOME THAN HE IS.

I kind of went off topic, I guess. All in all, everyone has an opinion on abortion. I'm open to hearing about them because if I express my opinion, I need to be ready to hear people argue with it. But I have issues believing that a man should have any say in what a woman does with her body. Sure, there are cases where the man wants to stick around and have the baby but the woman doesn't then, yeah, you can have a say and sit down and talk to her about it. But if you're going to tell a woman she shouldn't have an abortion even though she isn't in any shape to take care of that baby, then you should kindly fuck off.

wow this blog was all over the place i do not know how to organize serious topics hahahaha

Now, for the real question here, if you actually read this whole thing, is: how serious could you take this blog when there's a reindeer getting felt up by Santa at the top of my blog? xo
December 8th, 2013 at 08:29am