new blog layout + story title ideas? + christmas giveaway

Hey guys! What's everyone up to tonight? I'm just sitting here, watching the Slammy's on Raw. Is anyone else watching? Wrestling is quite silly, but it's entertaining, and I like entertainment. Plus, hot shirtless guys rubbing against each other and getting sweaty? Need I say more?

So, I just made a new blog layout. I really wanted to do something festive for the winter/Christmas season, and since I couldn't find any Nightmare Before Christmas gif's I liked, I decided to go with that pretty snow gif. I think the black background really compliments it, too. ^_^.
Anyway, so, as some of you may have read in this blog, I'm in the process of planning a new story. I've had ideas similar to this one floating around for a while, but just this past week, something finally clicked and I decided to start jotting everything down.

Basically, it's going to be a twist on the classic fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast, and also an 1800's novel that I'm sure the majority of you have heard of and/or read. I'm not going to say which, because if I do, I feel like that'll give away most of the plot and you guys will pretty much know what to expect. All I'm going to say is that when I thought of this plot, I immediately was reminded of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. Not saying my story will have zombies- because it won't- but in the same way that Seth Grahame-Smith created that twist on Pride and Prejudice, I'm going to create a twist on a different classic novel.

Problem is, I'm having trouble coming up with a title for this story! Do you guys think you could give me some ideas? If it helps any, the genre's are going to be romance, fairy tale, fantasy, drama, and probably a hint of action/adventure. You can also read some of what I wrote in the other blog entry I linked above, as that one describes the characters a bit.

Anyone that helps even in the slightest, I'll be sure to give you ded's in the author's note of the first chapter!
The last thing I'm going to talk about is a Christmas giveaway! I've seen a lot of people doing these, and since I wasn't great with my Halloween candy bowl this year, I think I'll do something Christmas-y to make up for it.

You can choose two things from the list. BUT: Those who help me out with a story title may choose three. ;D

jingle bells - three story recc's on any stories of your choosing
stocking stuffer - a subscription to a story of your choosing
eggnog - three poem comments of MY choosing
hot cocoa - a user recc
snow man a photo comment
ornament - a comment on a story of your choice (if it's a really long story, i may only read the first few chapters)
christmas tree - a friend request

If I think of anything else, I'll add it to the list.

Again, if any of you can help me out with some idea of a story title, it'd be much appreciated! And you'll get an extra treat from the goody bag! It's a win-win.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

xoxo.
December 10th, 2013 at 04:29am