Cutting Your Hair

Hey, everyone! I have not been on Mibba in a while. I wanted everyone to know that I have not fallen off of the face of the planet. I mean, sort of, but not really. I had some things to just put out there because I think they are somewhat important to me and other girls.

Here we go: Cutting your hair.

I recently cut off my hair. None of that shoulder-length bullshit. I now have a pixie cut. I always wanted to do it, but I never did because my mother was always there. This time, I went alone, and I told the hairdresser what I wanted. And you know what? I absolutely love it. The only thing I was afraid of was other people hating it. And you know what? I should not care about what other think about it because, in the end, it is MY hair.

It just pissed me off that some of the guys I know were like, "Why did you cut your hair? You look like a guy." To be quite honest, I could never be mistaken for a guy. To be blunt, I have a fairly large chest to prove my point. Though, my face is far too feminine to ever be mistaken for a guy's. My eyes are large and make me look like a lost puppy.

In any case, my hair should not define me. Many people said things like, "You are really brave and gutsy." In reality, I don't think I'm brave at all. I cut my hair. That's it. I'm not protecting our country. I'm not preventing famine. I'm not saving children from burning buildings. I'm not anything that should be considered brave. If a woman cutting her hair short is brave, then this society needs a slap in the face.

I should not have to be considered brave. The implication is that I would be undesirable and people would think ill of me. They would think I'm this or that. Quite frankly, that is not fair to a woman.

I cut my hair for myself. I wanted change. I wanted to do something that would make me happy. I wanted other people to see that hair does not define a person. Hair is just a means of expression. I wanted everyone to see that I'm not just this quiet girl. I'm other things too.

With my hair gone, I literally feel free. I'm not restricted by the long strands of imprisonment. I have always been shy, but this is giving me a way to reinvent myself and show my true self. I want people to see the real me. I'm sick of people judging me without even knowing me.

Anyway, that's my mini rant on such matters.

Other updates on my life:

I have a research paper that needs to get done, and I am procrastinating because my brain is bouncing off the walls right now. Also, I started The Fault in Our Stars, and I just want to give a big shoutout to John Green for being completely awesome. I cannot wait until Christmas because I have this big surprise planned. Ummm, I'm almost done with my first semester, and then I'll get to see my wonderful friends ♥ I seriously miss them so much. There is literally a hole in my life right now that needs to be filled.

OH. AND I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK. I DID NOT REALIZE HOW MUCH I MISSED IT UNTIL IT WAS BACK IN MY ARMS. OH MY LAWD. I CAN'T EVEN. AND ALL OF THE DATA REMAINED, I BELIEVE. THESE PEOPLE WORK MIRACLES I TELL YOU! haha, Anyway, I am just so excited to have my stories and poems back.

Speaking of poems, I joined a poetry group, and it is awesome. The people there are so cool. I cannot wait until the events of next semester come together.

Well......that's about it for now. I probably have more to say, but I really need to get back to that paper, or at least sleep and work on most of it tomorrow and get it done.

Oh, and I believe I have written more for pointless classes in the last few weeks than I have in a while. It is killing my creativity. That is why I can't wait until Winter Break. I'll finally get to relax and be creative. I'll get to draw again, write again, do something I love again. Just, I will have the freedom to just let my hands glide across paper.

Well, I better get going! Thank you all for reading! Let me know what you all think about cutting your hair and such. I would love to hear opinions on the matter ^_^
December 11th, 2013 at 02:38am