Friends

Friends are incredible things. Mine, especially.

Honestly, where the hell would we be without our best friends? They go above and beyond for us, they're honest, they're hilarious, and they're always there. I mean - what would I do if I didn't have them? If I didn't have that person who lets me run to their house before I meet my date, because I really need to use the bathroom but low and behold (hold your gasps) I'm constipated and would never dream of meeting up with him until I've relieved myself. So, I lock myself in her bathroom while she stands outside, calling out the most outrageous positions that supposedly "cure" constipation. When that doesn't work, she barges in with a cup of coffee and then waits for nature do it's job. Where would I be without the person who tells me when I'm looking hot, but also when I'm looking terrible? Where would I be if I didn't have that friend who I could send pictures of myself in my newest lingerie to with the caption, "is this too much? Will he like it?" without having to worry about pictures getting leaked, or her judging me. Where would I be without my vulgar friend who can see me in my skimpiest underwear and still say "your ass looks huge in that, change them". Where would I be without her - who would I travel with, who would I have 2pm cocktails with?
Where would I be without that long-distance friend, who messages me essays about how stupid I am when I over-think, and when I start to panic about stupid things. Where would I be without the girl who makes me call her whenever I feel an anxiety attack coming on, and who stays on the phone until I've calmed myself down enough to think straight? Where would I be without the friend I get drunk with on Wednesday nights, who watches my back, even when I think nobody cares?
And then there's that friend who's like a sister. Who walks into your house without knocking, who will sit on the arm of the sofa and chat with your mother before sparing you a second glance. Who will stick the kettle on and help herself to all your food, before finally making herself comfortable on my bed and says, "what's the goss?" as she gulps her cup of tea. That girl who knows your habits, who knows you inside out and still thinks you're the greatest friend there is. Even when you're over-protective and especially when you're a bitch.

Friends are wonderful. They really are. I don't know how I'd cope without mine.
December 11th, 2013 at 09:08am