Ice, Firebird, and Excitement

I've been absent from the internet lately, but now it's freezing cold and I don't even want to be outside walking around. Driving somewhere then getting out of my car and walking is too much walking. Any walking in the cold is too much walking! I don't have any idea how I ever survived riding the bus in the winter... it must have been my youth, but even that is a fleeting thing now.

Even though I always lie about my age when people ask me in class, I'm beginning to feel it in my bones. And even though I'm already starting to forget my true age, it's there in the stiffness of my fingers in the morning and the swelling of my joints. Or it could just be my lupus, which is probably what it is... but whatever.

So. BIG NEWS! Not so big, but I wonder if any of you ever read a story on FictionPress like ten freakin' years ago called 'Firebird' by JC Jaquez. It's this awesome story about a Spanish Princess and six Russian boys... Yes? No? Am I that old? Anyways, Monica is my writing idol. She comes around and drops off the face of the internet every so often, but she came back from the real world to put some work in to getting Firebird published. This is big news to a lot of her fans because a lot of them are diehard fans of this novel. I was one of them. I stalked poor Monica all over the internet and read any of her blogs that I managed to find. I became a competent creeper thanks to this girl and she's just the most amazing person ever. She even sent out printed copies of her novel a few years ago and sent them to a lot of us for free.

If you're interested, she has a few chapters of her revised version on her blog.

That is all.
December 13th, 2013 at 06:50am