Blog Number Eleven; Spirits and Medications

As anyone who knows me, I do drink. It's not a secret. I like to drink. My opinions on drugs and alcohol vary, I suppose.

Drinking, I encourage and support. I like drinking, I'm fine with my friends drinking. But drink responsibly. At the risk of sounding like those TV adds, I don't believe in drinking and driving. I think that if you're going to get wastey-pants, make sure you have a ride, or call a friend. Drinking is only fun when you're not risking killing an innocent bystander by running them over. I also believe that you should own your drink, not letting your drink own you. By this, I mean, that if you get so wasted that you drink to excess, puke all over your shoes, and dial your ex, you own that shit, and choose not to get that wasted again. I've been the puking drunken person before, and I owned it, and haven't done it since. If you get embarrassed easily, I would say don't drink too much. You will do something mortifying, and you will regret it. Alas, if you do embarrass yourself, shrug it off. It's happened to everyone and for godsake, learn from your mistakes. Don't become the girl your friends have to cart home because you're too smashed to know which way is up. Your friends want to have fun too, so don't be your friends' baggage. However, all that being said, if you start to go out every night, drinking and drinking, with no sober nights, then you need to reconsider alcohol. Sure, I like drinking, but I also can have fun without it. If it starts to become a problem, stop it.

Drugs, be it medications or actual heroin, cocaine or the like, I'm wary off. I don't take drugs because I have an addictive personality. I don't want to become addicted to them. So I don't put myself in that position. It's not worth it to me. If you smoke pot, fine, good for you, just don't bring it in my car. I don't like the smell of it, nor am I dying to watch you stuff your face with Cheetos. I don't have a problem with someone that does smoke it, but I think if it becomes a habit and that habit happens every four hours of every day, I'd say that you, my friend, are addicted. And that's not good. I understand that it helps you relax, that there's no risk of over dosing, that there's many health benefits, blah, blah blah, but still, it seems like a problem. That's just me. Any addiction, I'd be concerned about. All I care about is that your addictions don't effect me. If you got so high you forgot that we had plans, don't expect me to continuously remind you of outings. I'm not going to be your memory. I have enough problems of my own. Heroin, coke, and all the like drugs like that, I don't mess with. I don't mess with people who do it, bring it around me, or whatever. It's not my cup of tea, and I expect you to respect it. I don't want to be involved with it. Now, actual prescribed medicine, I understand. If your back hurts, and you take a pill of your mother's to help with said pain, I get it. That's fine. I even understand if you do it a few times. I've done it myself a time or two, but if you have to be on pills, consistently, I just think you're sad.

Over all, here's my point. Alcohol, medications, whatever, if you have to do them to feel okay, you have deeper issues than having an addiction. And you should not be doing them. If you do them occasionally (I'm mainly talking alcohol, less addictive things like that or weed, I suppose) that's fine. More power to you. But anything with excess is not a good thing. You start losing yourself in the oblivion of drugs, I assume that you can't cope with life, and that's pathetic. Everyone has their problems, and I think that it's selfish if you believe that your problems are so horrible that you can't deal. Life's tough, but being high on drugs or drunk is not going to change that. Own your shit. Your shit does not own you.
December 13th, 2013 at 09:08pm