This is Going to be Filled with Talking About Band Collaborations

My new layout. God I love it. Haru so pretty~

I guess before I begin, I kind of want to apologize for not being very active lately. I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but I haven’t been on as much. I’ve come on to check the request thread and the editing threads but as far as anything else goes, I’ve been absent. The thing is… December tends to be a hard month for me. I tend to emotionally shutdown for the entire month. My lack of activity is an extension of that. I haven’t felt like doing anything, but I’m working on getting more active. Bear with me; this’ll get better as we get closer to the end of December. Once this godforsaken month ends, things can go back to normal. I'm doing my best here, just bear with me.

Ahem. Anyway~ let’s begin, shall we? (*´・v・)

If you wondering, yes, this blog is going to be filled with fangirling. BUT I SWEAR IT’LL BE MORE THAN JUST SCANDAL. SCANDAL is going to be involved (of course, when are they not) but I’ll mention other bands to. Just keep reading. 〜(^∇^〜)

This subject was actually brought up in my mind a couple days ago after I read a blog on Mibba. The blog mentioned ONE OK ROCK and their international tour. Right now, I think the boys are in Europe or, at the very least, will be in Europe soon. Next year in February, the boys will be making their first appearances in the U.S. They’ll be performing a show in New York City and a show in Los Angeles. For those of you who don’t know me, I live in the Bay Area. I am about six to eight hours away from Los Angeles.

But I won’t be going to their show. (T⌓T)

I would love to go and I would love to see them. The boys put so much heart and love into their performance; I’d love to watch them live. But I have to make a choice. ONE OK ROCK will be in L.A in February. A few months later in June, SCANDAL will be performing in Hawaii. That’s the choice. I can spend the money to see ONE OK ROCK in L.A or I can spend the money to see SCANDAL in Hawaii. I can’t afford both. Well… I could with enough hard work but on my budget, I cannot justify it.

My choice shouldn’t be surprising to anyone who knows me. My choice is obviously SCANDAL. I am planning to see them in Hawaii in June. It’ll cost me nearly $900 to do but it’ll be well worth it. I know a lot of you think SCANDAL is just another girl band and I know you’ll probably not understand what the band means to me, but just try to understand why I’m willing to drop so much money to see them live. On that note, you guys going to either of ONE OK ROCK's shows better show them how much they're appreciated. If you make them feel loved, they might come back to us in the future. ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Anyhow~ instead of being upset about it, I started thinking about what bands I’d like to see SCANDAL collaborate with. Can you imagine how much fun a collaboration between SCANDAL and ONE OK ROCK could be? Lots of fun I tell you. (⊙ヮ⊙)

If you don’t know the bands, watch these videos. The first is SCANDAL performing Koi no Gestalt Houkai and Kagen no Tsuki and the second is ONE OK ROCK performing Deeper, Deeper



Weren’t those awesome performances? Now imagine those two on stage together. That would be like a dream concert. Personally, I would love to see Mami (the blonde female guitarist) and Toru (the blonde male guitarist) playing next to each other. They’ve got pretty similar stage presences. They both seem like the reserved type onstage and it could be really neat to see them playing alongside each other. There's also the fact that SCANDAL fans sometimes ship them and that would make some fans very happy for them to be onstage together. Not kidding. When we're not busy fantasizing and shipping her with Tomomi, fans tend to ship her with Toru. (─‿─) I'm not a fan of the ToruxMami ship personally, I much prefer Mami and Tomomi. They're perfect for each other.
(ノ゚▽゚)ノ

I’d also love to see Haruna (the brunette guitarist) and Taka (the lead singer) perform with each other. Given both of their stages presences, I think it would be a lot of fun. It would be really neat to see the two dominant stage presences clash with each other on stage. I can just imagine Taka and Haru battling for control of the stage since they both seem to like controlling the stage. \(^ω^\) Haru and Taka would just be so much fun on the same stage.

I know how unlikely this is though. SCANDAL and ONE OK ROCK don’t, as far as I know, have any connection to each other so it’s not likely they’ll ever collaborate with each other. It would be like heaven if they would though~

The next band I would love to see SCANDAL collaborate with is Silent Siren. There’s more of a chance of that because the girls are friends with Silent Siren. I know some SCANDAL fans oppose the idea of them collaborating since Saisai is an idol band but I don’t think collaborating with an idol would “compromise” their image as rockers. The interesting part about this "idol" bullshit that fans pull with SCANDAL is that it's only their foreign fans. From what I've heard Japanese fans (and the band themselves) say, no one in Japan considers them idols. If anything, they're considered rebels because they're so adamantly opposed the idol title. They're not idols and they'll never be idols, collaborating with Silent Siren wouldn't change that.

Anyway, this is Silent Siren:


They’re kind of like a cutesier version of SCANDAL. They’re more pop and they’re definitely more girly than SCANDAL is. But their opposite styles are what I think would make a collaboration so much fun. Maybe I’m just biased since I’m a huge fan of both SCANDAL and Silent Siren but I’d love to see them perform on-stage together. It would be such a heavenly performance to see those eight beautiful women performing with each other.

Also, can I just gush about how the San Francisco J-pop festival has announced their dates for 2014? I haven't gone to the J-pop festival yet but I'm intending to in 2014. I can't wait until they release the list of performers and events. Last year, I know they had artists like Kyary Pamyupamyu and LoVendoR, so I'm looking forward to seeing who they'll have this year. It's not until July. Everything is so far away. ╥﹏╥
December 13th, 2013 at 10:23pm