My sweet little Livvie is in the hospital again, I'm so over the NICU.

My daughter, Olivia, was born prematurely at 26 weeks. She spent six long weeks in the NICU. The staff was wonderful, explained everything, and was super friendly; however, I hated the NICU. I know it was the best place for her to grow and get better, but having to go to the hospital to see my child became depressing.

Skyping with my family through the plastic of her enclosed crib sucked. Maybe I'm being selfish, but having a child in the NICU was physically, mentally, and emotionally hard on me.
Yesterday, Olivia felt pretty warm, so I took her temperature. It was 103.7, yikes. Fiance and I take her to the ER, they took blood, do a spinal tap to see if it is meningitis- they're 99.99% sure it isn't- and then the ER doctor tells me something that takes me by surprise: They're going to admit her to the NICU. Seriously, again?

They say that she'll most likely only be in there until Sunday morning, but when I'm there I get all of the same feelings I got before when she was in there. I mostly just needed to vent this out. Good news is she's up to 8 lbs and 3 oz! So proud of her.

Image
Here's a gorgeous picture of my little girl. I love her so much. Fiance and I are talking about adding more little ones to our family. Ava and Emily love their little sister. I just hope we can have a boy next time. I know my man is feeling outnumbered!

-
December 14th, 2013 at 04:22am