Story Trivia!

Trivia #1 | Trivia #2


Also known as "I have way too much time on my hands" trivia.

Here’s a blog with interesting trivia for the “I Caught Myself” series. I don’t even know if any of you who read my blog has read my stories, but I’m still gonna post this because I actually have trivia for this and I don’t have anywhere else to post this. Also, it’s fun for me.

Brief explanation of the series: A series of connected one-shots and short stories—not in chronological order—that revolve around the relationship of Hayley Williams and Oliver Sykes.

Stories in the series so far:
Chopped Orange Locks [one-shot]
I Know in My Heart It’s Not You [short story]

Okay, onward!
Trivia

● The title of the series is explained in the fourth chapter of IKIMHINY. Hayley sings “I Caught Myself” to Oli in front of the crowd at Warped Tour during Paramore’s show, to which Oli responds by running up to the stage and kissing her. This marks the official start to their relationship, thus why I named the series after that song.

● In IKIMHINY, there are a few nods to COL:
— Hayley and Oli’s first and second kiss have similarities to their kiss at the end of COL. The similarities are Hayley “grinning against his lips”, their foreheads touching, Oli holding her waist, and Hayley blushing and giggling ‘cause she’s adorable.
—Taylor assuming Oli hurt Hayley and going into “overprotective mode” is a reference to when Oli went into overprotective mode when he assumed that someone said something insulting to Hayley. Both times, she interrupted them to clear things up.
—There are many times in IKIMHINY when Oli focuses on Hayley’s hair. Not only is this a nod to the subject matter of COL, but this also shows how much he pays attention to it. This is why she notices in COL that he didn’t say anything about her haircut.

● Yes, Oli is shirtless in COL. He’s just wearing boxers and Hayley’s only wearing a tank top and panties.

● And yes, the night before they did exactly what you think they did. -wink wink-

● When Hayley’s singing “The Only Exception” to Oli, I imagined her sounding like this acoustic performance.

● I got the idea for COL when I was still obsessing over the “Stay the Night” video and how I loved Hayley’s short hair. As for IKIMHINY, I got the idea when I rediscovered “I Caught Myself” and couldn’t stop listening to it. Both these ideas came to me when I was at school in the library.

● COL was originally planned to be a drabble. Of course, since I can’t write something so short for some reason, it ended up being a one-shot.

● It’s mentioned that Hayley and Oli hung out throughout the whole 2008 Warped Tour. This a reference to the very first Hayley/Oli story I wrote. That story sadly doesn’t take place in the same universe.

● During the ‘08 Warped Tour, they played pranks on other bands. One of these pranks I liked to think they did was teepeeing a bus.

Just then, Josh came to save the day and walked in to find Hayley using the other guitarist's arm as a punching bag while poor Taylor was trying all he could to shield himself from her fists. Josh just stood there, not sure if he should be amused or scared and cleared his throat to get their attenton. When they both noticed him, they stopped their playful (or not so playful in Taylor's case) fighting and went back to sitting normally.

"I'm going to just choose not to comment on this," Josh raised an eyebrow. Though his face remained neutral, they both could tell in his eyes that he wanted to laugh. "But I came in here because I'm letting you guys know that I have good news and bad news."


This part always makes me smile because Josh is basically me in this situation. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve walked in on something weird going on and choosing not to say anything while also trying not to laugh. Yeah, Chapter 2 of IKIMHINY has quite a bit of humor.

● Like most of my stories, I like to at least add a platonic relationship. For IKIMHINY, the relationship is Hayley and Taylor, obviously. I based their interactions on how my “cousin”, M’Rell, and I interact. He’s like my older brother and he’s always there for me. That’s how I perceive Hayley and Taylor’s friendship.

● Believe it or not, the first moment Oli really fell for Hayley (though he himself wasn’t even aware he had at the time) was waay back during the filming of the “That’s What You Get” video. Even though he didn’t know it, he became more interested in her and that’s why they ended up becoming such good friends.

● The title of the first chapter of IKIMHINY was what I randomly named the draft when I first started writing it. I ended up liking it so much that I kept it because it focuses on the most prominent features of Hayley and Oli that they’re known for.

"That's a very poor excuse, but whatever," Lee shrugged. "I thought that if you really cared about Hayley, you'd still watch the show to support her. You know, because she did that for you. But if you want to stay, then I'm leaving you here."

I love this line because Lee snarking is great and he’s straight up telling Oli to stop moaping around and get his girl. At this point, Lee already knew that Hayley was going to sing for Oli at Paramore’s show, which is why he said this (reverse psychology!) in order to get him to come. Like how Josh wants Hayley to be happy, Lee wants Oli to be happy.

Hayley stopped for a moment to think. "I'd have to say 'Suicide Season' is my favorite. I know people probably tell you this a lot, but I loved it. The lyrics, the melody, your voice. There was so much emotion in that song and it was all beautiful and sad at the same time."

I can really see Hayley liking this song due to her own experience with losing someone through suicide (hence the inspiration for “When It Rains”). She knows what it’s like to want someone back from Heaven and how it hurts to know that they’re gone. She interpreted the song in her own way and instantly fell in love with it.

He was probably using it to entertain the others, which made her giggle as she pictured what he could possibly be playing for everybody.

Josh was trying to sing Paramore songs without Hayley. One of the songs he attempted to sing was “Hallelujah” and we all could guess how that probably turned out. That’s why he called for Hayley to join his so-called jam session.

● Hayley and Oli’s first meeting was yet another nod to COL. In their first meeting, Oli sees that something’s bothering Hayley and is concerned about what could be bothering her. When she tells him what she’s going through, he manages to calm her down and help her feel better. Not entirely, but for that moment, she stops being negative and thanks him for keeping her from giving up. In COL, while Oli reflects, the readers learn that throughout the years of their relationship, they had helped each other through some bad times. This was the first “bad time” Hayley had that Oli helped her overcome. Awwww...

Well, that’s all the trivia I have for now. If anyone who reads my stories enjoyed this, then thank you for reading it! It was fun to share!

I’m out.

Deuces.
December 16th, 2013 at 10:50pm