This one's for you, Mom.

It’s that time of the year again. All I see are Christmas trees, shiny lights and fancy champagne bottles. This Christmas period should be something that everybody enjoys, but I just can’t seem to understand all the fuzz about it.
For me, Christmas is a day like the other 364. Except for the fact that my mom actually cooks dinner when it’s Christmas and doesn’t put something in the microwave.

We don’t buy each other gifts and we don’t even have a Christmas tree in our house. The only thing we’ve done is hanging some led lights in one of my moms tree plants and this year we bought a reindeer that can light up to put it next to our improvised tree.

And I’m totally okay with that, because every year I enjoy the day that my entire tiny family sits together at the dinner table and that’s something that rarely happens.

So, to all those kids that get concert or festival tickets that are worth some 100 euros for Christmas, to the douchebags that whine about the food that they don’t like and to the parents who complain about their children’s behaviour when they don’t get a pony for Christmas, for some us Christmas is about being together without annoying each other for one day. And people should take a breath and let go of all the holiday stress and feel sorry for the people who only get one decent cooked meal a year.
December 17th, 2013 at 06:39pm