Thoughts

I admire trees in so many ways and I know it sounds foolish but they teach me a lot of life lessons.

When I'm feeling depressed (which has been happening a lot lately) I look out my window, any window actually. No matter where I am I always find myself just studying the trees.

When I have too many things on my mind, usually awful things that always drag me down, I try and get my mind into a different train of thoughts. At this time of year all the trees are bare and I love the fragility of them. I think about trees just sitting there off in the distance and not having to deal with things that really make your life suck, and they look so dead (but so pretty to me) part of me feels envy while the other part of me feels pity which is confusing but it makes sense all at the same time.

I'm not really sure how to go on from here but I think about people's qualities. People have good qualities and people have bad qualities, but in the end they don't have it all. I'd like to insert the Yin-Yang symbol here, just imagine it. It holds a lot of truth. There is always going to be a little bit of good in bad and there always is going to be a little bit of bad in alot of good. I'm not sure how I got here from trees but if you think hard enough you can learn a life lesson from just about everything. That's the end of life lesson one; trees & qualities. You can probably go on and on and learn from this, and I encourage you to do so but this is as far as my train of thoughts has taken me.

Now for life lesson two about trees. This isn't really a lesson but more of a good way to think about life.

Every season trees change. In fall, all the leaves fall off and they're gone until spring and its like a cycle.

Kind of like a happiness cycle in human thoughts. Think about it like this; trees do die and yeah, we're all gonna break here and there and we may need some time to deal with it but when spring hits were back on track. Now hopefully it doesn't go in this cycle forever but when it happens just think about a tree, it may break down but It comes back prettier than ever. And even as its dying it still has a little fire left in it, when all the leaves change colors before they fall off, maybe in a last attempt of happiness. Fall is my favorite time, the leaves are gorgeous and even though they'll be gone soon, they'll be back and I still like them nonetheless. So the point is, even in your last shot of effort, somebody out there still cares and will be waiting for when you recover.

• Ps I'm sorry for babbling so much but I hope you like my first blog entry and let me know how I did •
December 19th, 2013 at 03:56am