I Didn’t Think the Story Would Get so Much Attention on There [& Those Jpopasia Awards]

I’m really kind of surprised by it to be honest. A couple of months ago, like one or two at this point, I started actually using the Wattpad account that I created eons ago. I was talking to another SCANDAL fan and they eventually talked me into beginning to post at least my SCANDAL bandfics onto Wattpad. I was a bit weary at first given all the stories I’ve heard about the Wattpad staff not caring about plagiarism, but I decided to give it a shot for them.

I’m happy I did. If I’m being honest, I quite dislike the way Wattpad is set up, especially their app. I use their app most often and it’s not the best. Particularly, I hate where the comment/vote/whatever button is on the app. I’ve accidentally clicked the button a few times because of where its place and the app is pretty slow on top of that. I don’t know, maybe it’s just that I’m so used to the way Mibba is set up that Wattpad just feels weird to me.

But I am happy that I decided to give it a shot. The SCANDAL community on there is really nice and welcoming, they’re pretty much the sole reason I stick around Wattpad. SCANDAL stories are the only thing I read or write on there, I’m not really interested in anything else on the site. The SCANDAL fanbase really is very nice; they’ve all been very welcoming since I joined. I’ve gained a lot of followers and I’ve made some friends with a couple of them.

Someone sent me a message on there yesterday on congratulating me on getting 1,000 reads on If Jealousy Could Kill. I was really surprised when I checked and saw that it had. I never really thought any story of mine would ever get that much attention. I’m so used to writing in fandoms or genres that aren’t popular so I’m just used to my stories not getting too much attention.

I know that most of the people who have read it haven’t stuck with it, but I’m still happy it’s gotten as much attention as it has. It means it intrigued them at least a little, doesn’t it? That’s enough for me, I’m just happy my writing can interest someone even if just a little.

Sukeban is doing pretty well too! It’s got over 700 reads in it which is pretty decent. The SCANDAL fanbase on Wattpad isn’t too big so it’s pretty decent for a SCANDAL story. I’m proud of both my stories. If Jealousy Could Kill is the first real romance story I’ve written in years, I can’t even remember the last time I wrote a full romance story. I didn’t think people would like it this much because I didn’t think it’d end up very good, but it’s turning out to be an interesting story. Sukeban is another first since I’ve never written a fiction surrounded around gangs. I think Sukeban is my favorite out of the two, I’m enjoying it a lot more since it’s got more action and stuff in it than If Jealousy Could Kill.

I’m proud of both of my stories and I’m really thankful to my readers. Whether they comment or not, I’m just happy to have the stories getting some love.

***

I want to move onto a different subject really quick…. The Jpopasia awards~ yup, we’re going here. The Jpopasia Awards have been, I think, going on for like three years now. They’re not an official award or anything; it kind of just gages how popular an artist is with the online community. It’s just a fun little thing.

For those of you who don’t know, Jpopasia is a website that covers music from different Asian countries. It covers K-pop, J-pop/J-rock, and C-pop. It’s a pretty neat site if you’re into any of those genres.

I’m a bit disappointed with it this year. The reason for that is because some of the individual results leave out certain members of certain bands. Like Rina from SCANDAL, she’s left out of both the Best J-pop Musical Ability category and the Best J-rock Musical Ability. SCANDAL is mostly under J-pop (personally I think they should be under both) but at least they made it into some J-rock categories. Well…. Rina and Mami made it into the J-rock category, Haruna and Tomomi didn’t make it at all for some reason.

It’s probably an automated system, given the fact Jpopasia has thousands of J-rock/J-pop artists to sort through. I kind of hope the staff will go through and fix some of the things like look like errors. I just don’t see why they wouldn’t include just one member of a band.

Anyway~ You’re free to vote here if it interests you. Even if it doesn’t, you can feel free to vote for some SCANDAL members in the J-pop category and vote for ONE OK ROCK in the J-rock category. *hint hint* Aha well this is how I’m intending to vote until the finalists are announced (you can vote once a day. Obviously most of them are going to be SCANDAL or ONE OK ROCK because I'm biased towards them, but there will be a few changes... Maybe. Just read it if you want to~ (~‾⌣‾)~

J-pop
Favorite artist/band: SCANDAL
Best Male Solo: N/A (I don’t listen to many male J-pop artists, usually they’re all J-rock)
Best Female Solo: Haruna Ono (I’m biased as fuck ~(⁰▿⁰)~ )
Best MV 2013: SCANDAL- Kagen no Tsuki
Best Single 2013: SCANDAL- Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
Best Album 2013: SCANDAL- STANDARD
Best Boyband: N/A (Again all the male artists I listen to are pretty much J-rock)
Best girlband: SCANDAL
Most promising artist/band: Silent Siren (I had to choose between them and SCANDAL on a number of categories :c)
Best musical ability: Mami Sasazaki (I wanted to vote for Rina since she improved the most but…… She wasn’t nominated. (╥_╥))
Best Use of Social Media: N/A (Silent Siren and SCANDAL are the only ones I follow and neither were nominated)
New artist/band of 2013: LovendoR
Sexiest Male Singer: N/A (sorry, not my thing)
Sexiest Female Singer: Haruna Ono (still biased ~(⁰▿⁰)~)
Most want-to-be girlfriend/boyfriend: Haruna Ono (of course this would be a J-pop question (・_・ヾ)

J-rock
Favorite band/artist: Rina Suzuki
Best Solo: Mami Sasazaki
Best Rocking PV 2013: ONE OK ROCK- Deeper Deeper
Best Single 2013: ONE OK ROCK- Deeper Deeper/Nothing Helps
Best Album 2013: ONE OK ROCK- Jinsei x Boku=
Best rockband: ONE OK ROCK
Best Rock Act: Rina Suzuki
Most Promising band/artist: ONE OK ROCK
Best musical ability: Mami Sasazaki (again, wanted to vote for Rina but she wasn’t nominated for this one either (╥_╥))
Best use of social media: N/A
New artist/rock band of 2013: N/A (I have not listened to anyone on their list but I plan to soon)
Sexiest rocker: Mami Sasazaki (I can’t help it, Mami is a little bias killer she is)

Now have a random Silent Siren gif to end the blog with because they're being adorable again.
Image
December 24th, 2013 at 12:46am