Interview with Deus Ex Machina

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely Deus Ex Machina

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
I began writing on Mibba in late 2009 after becoming really disenchanted with Quizilla.

What is your primary genre to write?
Mostly horror imbued with romance. I like frightening or otherwise disturbing things and in regards to my "romance," it's usually fairly complicated and not at all heartwarming. I like twisted relationships and concepts. With me, the two genres really mesh together into one thing.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
Nothing. It's my secondary FictionPress.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
Some experience along with a few books/movies. Hannibal Lecter is a huge source of inspiration to me but I sometimes draw from other media, but no names really come to mind.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
Sure do! And I obsess over them for weeks afterwards.

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
I probably shouldn't even get started on this.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
Twenty and two months.

Do you have any pets?
Yes! I own two Western hognose snakes, an albino and a regular phase, a male ball python, and a German shepherd/husky mix dog. Hopefully I will be adding a kitty to the mix soon.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
I really loved Paris, France. Ireland and Switzerland are my other top two choices.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
Once Upon A Time is pretty good. Favorite movie s definitely Pride & Prejudice. I could watch it forever.

What is your favorite band/artist?
The Dear Hunter. Casey Crescenzo has the voice of a god.

What is your favorite food?
Tacos. I'm a tacoholic.

What is your favorite color?
Red! Bright red.

What is your favorite animal?
Oh lord... I'm a reptile gal. I really love burmese pythons.

What is the meaning of your username?
It's a literary device I'm sure everyone is familiar with, Latin for "god from the machine" which is when a plot is suddenly solved by divine intervention. It's considered negative but I thought it was neat.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
December 24th, 2013 at 01:04am