Interview with Embracing Shadows

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely Embracing Shadows

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
Not very long ago, April this last year. I had been writing and posting on another site for about four years at that point, and the site glitched out and deleted all my stories (right after my computer had a system failure and deleted them all off there), so I lost everything I had (save a few that one dedicated reader had saved to her e-reader so she could read them whenever she wanted to). I'd been thinking of finding somewhere else to post at that point, so it was kind of a sign.

What is your primary genre to write?
Fan Fiction romance. Every story I post is Avenged Sevenfold related.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
The ability to use layouts and banners to give a visual aid to my writing. It just really allows me to be creative in other ways than just the writing, and I really like to set the tone for my stories with the layouts. The site I was on before was strictly writing.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
My brain! Everywhere. Mainly music, because I live and breathe music. But sometimes movies, and quite frequently an idea just pops into my brain. My very first story ever was inspired by a really crazy, and sexy, dream I had about M. Shadows.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
I don't really read a lot because I'm too busy using what little free time I have to churn out all the crazy ideas that pop into my head. But if I had to name one, I would probably have to say MoneCloveR, because we got to know each other by reading each other's stories on the site we were both on before, and when I popped over here, I talked it up and she followed me!

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
I do, every last one of them :) I also make banners and layouts for other writer's, upon request (I have a whole blog dedicated to it).

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
Not that I know of. I really only do the writing and posting my stories thing on here, respond to my readers requests. All my blogs are related to my writing somehow, and I don't have time to really browse around the blogs, nor do I care to. I'm here for my writing, and my readers.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
Old... Lol... I'm 28.

Do you have any pets?
Yes, I do. I have three cats, Lia, Brittany and Raven.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
My favorite place to visit is Huntington Beach, CA. It's pretty awesome there. I WANT to visit Ireland, get in touch with my heritage.

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
TV show: There's a very long list, but my most recent favorite is the new Lifetime show "Witches of East End", old favorite would be "Charmed". I watch a lot of supernatural type tv shows, because that's what I'm most into.
Movie: Ever After (starring Drew Barrymore), and pretty much anything starring Johnny Depp (drool) or Scarlett Johansson (also drool).

What is your favorite band/artist?
This is tough, because music is literally my biggest obsession. But I'm still gonna go with Avenged Sevenfold, since they're the reason I'm on Mibba. But I also love Justin Timberlake, Five Finger Death Punch, Evanescence, Avril Lavigne... The list goes on and on and on. I love a LOT of music.

What is your favorite food?
Tacos, Spaghetti, Cookies and Cream Ice Cream.

What is your favorite color?
Purple, Black and Red- but not like bright red, deep dark jewel tones are my favorites.

What is your favorite animal?
Cats, dogs, horses...

What is the meaning of your username?
It has a couple. The first is a tongue in cheek reference to my favorite member of Avenged Sevenfold- M. Shadows. The second is the real meaning: Like yin and yang, there is no darkness without light, no good without evil, and shadows exist between the darkness and the light. There is good and bad in everything and everyone, and my philosophy is to embrace the shadows within, to find balance and peace with yourself and who you are. I've had many different user names over the years, but just this one here, because it's the one I think fits me the best.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
December 25th, 2013 at 12:03am