Help me, please? & Chrissy questions!

For my New Years' resolutions this year, I want to be more healthy.
Eat more types of fresh fruit. (I only eat red apples, cantaloupe and red grapes regularly. Time to expand.) Drink more water. I also want to start a daily workout routine. Which is, hopefully, where you Mibbians come in!

I've stopped swimming over the holidays (so for seven weeks in total - five and a bit more to go) because my swimming place shuts down. (It's the worst time to, in my opinion.)

Anyway, I would really like to stay in shape as I have a horrible metabolism. Can you guys please give me an exercise routine or something to do? I usually don't bother, but I would really love to strengthen my abdominal muscles and my upper arms - biceps and triceps and all those muscles. I also wouldn't mind taking some fat off my thighs. (They are about 70% of the drag caused in the water, it's so annoying!)

I don't need stretches though (except if someone can give me one for triceps? Please? They kill so much after swimming and I only know one and it isn't very effective because those muscles are so flexible and I can't reach any further to actually stretch them and get some benefit.) as I have a fifteen minute routine for that.

So, please? If you have any other tips for being mildly healthy that would be much appreciated too.

Also, Merry Christmas! How was yours? Did you see your family? Did you do a Secret Santa / KK thing happening with family or friends? Favourite gift you received? Any funny stories to share?

Here are my answers:
1. Pretty good.
2. Yes, my grandparents came over for the morning and we all unwrapped presents and stuff. My grandparents then went back to their house to prepare lunch, and we went over to their place just after one.
3. No, I didn't this year. But my best friend and I exchanged gifts.
4. I got a record player and Sempiternal on vinyl. (It plays a charm, though the first time I played it it skipped like five times on one side and I freaked out. I also almost didn't take the plastic cover off the needle and I would have royally messed up the record.)
5. We have a walking penguin singing thing, and it falls over because its balance is off. When it falls over (because it's supposed to be walking) it looks like it's dry humping the floor. I did have another answer, but it mustn't have been very funny because I can't remember it.
December 26th, 2013 at 12:54pm