Interview with Brian Haner Jr

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely Brian Haner Jr

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
In a galaxy far far away...haha no. Well, I don't remember an exact date, but it was a hell of a long time ago. I feel old. I've been on here, roughly...uhh possibly going on 7 years? Is mibba that old? Bleagh--put it this way, I was here when old mibba was new hahaha. Back when mibba was still a newborn, really. Sorry, rambling. I started out as a no one, really, then I became Jensen Ackles and stayed as him for a fair few years, it's only been the past two years that I've been BHJ. Time flies.

What is your primary genre to write?
Genre...I'm going to say fanfiction. If that's not right, probably romance, with a hefty splash of crime and the like in it. Or fantasy. It depends really. I can have more than one primary genre right? I'd like that. But, then again maybe not. We'll go romance. Or fantasy. Romantic fantasy.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
Easy. The story layouts. No other site I know of has the story layout set up and it's really one of the main things keeping me here. I freaking love making layouts and having snazzy banners and such for my work. It took a long time to get used to making them, and then learning all over again when new mibba came around, but I think I have a pretty good grasp on it now. Other than that, the amazing friends I've met on here. I met my best friends on here and that'll always make mibba a sentimental place for me.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
Anything and everything. I'm not even kidding. I can get a pretty strong plot going just by eating an apple, or something of the sort. If it's not that though, it's probably porn. I get a lot of inspiration for my smut fics from porn, and I'm not even ashamed. That's not to say I watch it and then get all, "so that's how sex works." That'd come across as unrealistic, but then again, I'm not watching porn for the kicks or the up front basis for it. I look for the stuff behind what they're doing; the way they look at each other, if there's something more than just sex between them, if one wants that but the other is just there for the paycheck. Some porn is just there for the sex and to get you excited, but the porn I look for is the stuff that has more to it than just basic fucking. I can say that right? I hope so haha. But, if it's not porn, or random whatever's, it's probably movies and games. I have a ridiculously overactive imagination, it's troubling mostly, and also why I often tells my friends to just, go for it, bounce ideas off of me because if I don't use it up, I won't sleep haha. I think I've rambled again.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
Myself. Hahahaha. No. Seriously though, authors, for me, are hard to pick. On here, how can I pick one over the other and not hurt someone? If I have to pick one(or a few because I have too many, even though I thought I only had a few) I'd have to say Juno, Reasons For Insanity(even if she hasn't updated in a million years, which needs to change bro, seriously.) RachTheBat and Synful Shadows. There's more, but I put the ones down who I've adored for a long time, and who's work I've constantly enjoyed. There are others, yes, but these are the ones who create stories I'm constantly enthralled with. It's not to say I'm not impressed with others, because I am, I'm just incredibly picky. There's that rambling. Ahem.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
Hell yeah! I love making banners and layouts. Especially now that I know how to use photoshop, well for the stuff I need, I'm no pro. I think custom banners and layouts are the best, and much more inviting. Though, if they're crazy bright and make me feel like my eyes are going to bleed at any second, I won't read it. Also, if the background texture doesn't match up. It drives my OCD insane, and I won't give the story a chance. Which is probably harsh but I can't help it. On topic though, yes and yes. I should have just said that from the start hahaha.

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
Nothing I can say that won't ruffle feathers hahahaha. Personally, I'd rather the problems be fixed than new features added.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
You should never ask a woman her age. Just kidding, it says it on my info. I'm 23 years young. Or old. I certainly feel old.

Do you have any pets?
YEP! My kitties! >^.^< My two beautiful little fellas, Jasper(though he's a beast and not a little fella at all) and Thor. Jasper's five and Thor's only a kitten, coming up on 9 months. They're both tabbies and completely adorable. And they smish each other and cuddle and kill me with their cute. I want more, so many more, but a serious lack of the monies is killing me. I would have all of the kitties if I could!

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
Probably the kitchen. Hhahahaha. No seriously. I don't leave the house much, and when I do, I just want to get back to my room as soon as possible. But, if I have to choose a place, probably where my besties are. Or Singapore, fucking love that place! The food!!

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
Impossible to answer. Though, TV show would probably be Supernatural(even if I do miss the good old days when it was just the bro's and the family business. I'm over all this angel rubbish.) Movies really are impossible to pick.

What is your favorite band/artist?
Right now, Avenged Sevenfold. I'm not a huge music person ordinarily, I don't have masses upon masses of music, or faves. I keep it compact haha.

What is your favorite food?
The kind that is edible.

What is your favorite color?
Black. It's a color. Or blue, depending on the shade, and where it applies. Blue eyes, certain blue eyes, my gosh, complete and utter mush for them.

What is your favorite animal?
KITTIES!! All of the kitties!

What is the meaning of your username?
I am him. Or, well, him pretending to be a 23 year old woman from Australia pretending to be him. It's all very confusing. Just know I keep him in my pocket and feed him chicken nuggets, he's very happy.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
December 26th, 2013 at 01:07pm