Alternative Press' Readers Poll of 2013

Alright, so I was on the Alternative Press website and I just had to check some things out for the upcoming end of 2013. AP recently had a reader's poll and I checked the results out (seeing as I didn't participate this year) and here's who won!

Best APTV video: A Conversation with Ronnie Radke and Max Green Not the best thing to had won but it'll do.

Best AP cover: Issue #305, "The Making of Andy Biersack" Seeing a I love BVB I think this is an excellent choice! :D

Artist who should have gotten an AP cover: I'm going to list all three because they were all good choices! 1. The Maine; 2. All Time Low; and 3. Issues

Best AP&R band: 1. Neck Deep; 2. Jocelyn; and 3. SayWeCanFly I'm not completely sure who they are but I'll check them out with the other two bands.

Best Print Article: 1. AP #305 "The Making of Andy Biersack"; 2. AP #296 "Pierce The Veil cover story"; and 3. AP #303 "The Oral History of Fall Out Boy's Take This To Your Grave" Andy's story seems likable from all the awards it's getting. And I have yet to read it =/

Best Movie: 1. Hunger Games Catching Fire; 2. Legion of the Black; and 3. Thor: The Dark World I have still to watch any of these!

Best Web Article: "The Nine Phases of Post-Concert Depression" Very, very true!

Most Overrated and Underrated Bands: Overrated #1 is Sleeping With Sirens They are getting more hype than other bands but they are truly good too, so I see why. Underrated #1 is Black Veil Brides Which I find a complete lie seeing as they are more overrated than underrated, Hands Like Houses or Crown The Empire should've won number one for sure

AP Style: Hot Topic Which I completely understand seeing as they have almost everything. But Merchnow could've won too or maybe Tilly's

Best TV Show: 1. The Walking Dead; 2. American Horror Story; and 3. Supernatural Perfect choices, seeing as how I watch 2/3 of them shows (I don't watch AHS, never really got into it)

Band that should reunite in 2014: My Chemical Romance Seems like just yesterday I was listening to The Black Parade... wait 'cause it was! I miss MCR

Best Live Band: 1. Black Veil Brides; 2. Pierce The Veil; and 3. A Day To Remember I'm about tired of seeing BVB on every award!

Best Tour/Festival: 1. Warped Tour; 2. House Party Tour; and 3. Spring Fever Tour Hell yes! 'Nuf said! XD

Best Tattoos: 1. Oli Skyes; 2. Andy Biersack; and 3. Austin Carlile Which are all good but Tony from PTV should've won I think.

Best Photographer: Adam Elmakias All you ever hear about is him and for good reason.

Best Beard what kind of category is this??: 1. Jason Aalon Butler (letlive); 2. Jeremy McKinnon (ADTR); and 3. Matty Mullins (MMF)

Best Twitter: 1. Andy Biersack (@AndyBVB); 2. Jack Barakat (@JackAllTimeLow); and Gerard Way (@gerardway)

Best Music Video: 1. Shadow Moses (BMTH); 2. A Love Like War (ATL); and 3. Bulls In The Bronx (PTV) I love all three of these videos and did anyone notice that when you listen to these songs they get stuck in your head forever? Or was it just me?

Single of the Year: A Love Like War - All Time Low ft. Vic Fuentes I love this song forever and ever!

Album of the Year: 1. Wretched and Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones by BVB; 2. Sempiternal by BMTH; and 3. Common Courtesy by ADTR Grrr... If BVB win one more thing!

Best Vinyl Release: Pierce The Veil "Collide With The Sky (Reissue)" Yep, this CD was amazing and the design for this vinyl was beautiful!

Best Album Art: 1. Wretched And Divine: The Story Of The Wild Ones by BVB They better not win anything else!; 2. Sempiternal by BMTH The Flower of Life is a good statement since Sempiternal means "eternal; everlasting"; and 3. Tracing Back Roots by WCAR Yep! Root definitely traced back since this album's artwork looks similar to one of their older ones.

And since they aren't through announcing them, I'll be back every week to record the rest of the the results with how I feel about them. This should be interesting...
Meanwhile let me know YOUR thoughts on the winners!
December 26th, 2013 at 08:14pm