I lost my virginity when I was 20.

Before anyone who actually bothers reading this entry assumes I'm facially deformed and had no choice in the matter... I'll just say this: I know I'm good looking, its not ego talking its just a fact. No, I am not a movie star or some tween heartthrob in disguise so you couldn't sell my autograph on Ebay I just am me. My real name is Angela and I live in Los Angeles. Writing is my hobby and because I've neglected it for so long I might be kinda rusty so excuse me. I am currently 25 years old.

Now back to the subject. You know what's my secret? You know why I stayed a virgin for as long as I did? I went to High School and not just any high school an ALL GIRL school but that is not all. I went to the worst school in LA. I went to the all girl school all the bad girls go to i.e; those who are on PROBATION, girls who had been expelled from all of the other surrounding high schools and girls who got knocked up at a young age.

You know why this helped me so much? No, it wasn't just the obvious absence of the opposite gender it was the fear of having to learn while teaching a new human being how to live. I don't understand this generation and their obsession with being young mothers. I do not understand why MTV would ENCOURAGE this behavior by creating a show that glorifies this.

Its not pretty, its not cute. Its stupid. Its so stupid it blows my mind. Now, before anyone gets mad at me for voicing my opinion I am going to say this: Yes, I know there are special circumstances where the girl has no choice...maybe she was raped, maybe she was abused or maybe she didn't know any better.

I blame this on our faulty sexual education system.

I blame this on the parents[not all because some actually do a decent job and the kid just doesn't want to listen].

I chose to stay a virgin not because some dumb band told me to, not because I couldn't get any, not because I wasn't ready. I chose to stay a virgin because I was paranoid. I was paranoid to the point that I just didn't wanna take my chances.

No, I don't expect people to wait that long either. I just wish we could all grow up before bringing new life into this world. That's why our welfare system is so flawed because people seem to think that, that's income forever and its not. That is WELFARE. It means its there when you NEED it, to assist you when you have nowhere else to turn while you get back on your feet and start over. Work. Mom and Dad can only do so much and once you reach adulthood your free ride ends. When you mature physically you have to start thinking about your future and what you need to do to avoid being on public assistance forever.

I didn't write this in order to put down anyone who has lost their virginity at a young age or is currently on welfare. I wrote this to vent. Someone once said: Sh*t happens and I believe it. Just a thought I'll leave you with.

Buenas noches, Angela.
December 28th, 2013 at 05:28am