Clara's Top Five Bands For the New Year (December)

Mood: Good and rocking my pink pJ pants ;)
Food/Drink: Christmas cookies and milk
Time: 8:14 PM
Music: One Wish by Fifth Harmony
2013 is nearly over and that means I start my end of the month Suggestions! Where you readers can either skip this blog every month or can lick new music for your taste buds and warm your ears. This year I went through a lot of bands and solo artist from Top 40 to underground indie bands. I'm here to share bands and musicians to hear starting off 2014.

1. The 1975

Image
This band is amazing for many reasons: lyrics, black and white theme, English, and music that you can relate with. Do not be fooled by their leather jackets and shaved side cuts these fine men play music that you can add into a spring/summer soundtrack for 2014. Check them out!
Image
Location: Wilmslow/Manchester/Bollington, England
Band Members: Adam Hann, George Daniel, Matthew Healy, Ross MacDonald
Album(s): The 1975
Suggested tracks: Chocolate, Sex, Girls, Is There Someone Who Can Watch You?, and Heart Out

2. The Vamps

Image
I've only heard them sing covers and two tracks from their album coming out in the new years, but if you like upbeat music dancing or maybe even like One Direction then you should really check out their songs and covers because they made 2013 on the happier note during my winter months.
Image
Location: England, United Kingdom
Band Members: James McVey, Tristan Evans, Bradley Simpson, Connor Ball
Album(s): TBA (Coming out in 2014)
Suggested Tracks: Can We Dance?, Wild Heart

3. HAIM

Image
Pretty much fell in love with this all girl band fast because THERE ARE HARDLY ALL GIRL BANDS! Seeing this sister act is pretty amazing. I know they're starting to finally get noticed but I feel like I need to them to be on this list. Their album is 50/50 with me I like only certain tracks but you might like them all or ones that I didn't. The songs go from falling in love, getting over a break in a good way, break ups in a bad way, and great roadtrip songs :)
Image
Location: California, United States
Band Members: Alana Haim, Danielle Haim, Este Haim
Album(s): Days Are Gone
Suggested Tracks: The Wire, Don't Save Me, Falling, and Forever

4. Walk the Moon

Image
There was not a chance I was not going to put a band from my home state on this list. I had no idea they were from Ohio until my friend Brianna saw them, not once but twice! And gave me their second album. Talk about Senior Chicago trip til Summer I had their self titled album constantly playing at same point during the day. I'm proud of them for getting noticed a few times during the year, so this is to support Ohio bands :)
No I'm not in love with Kevin Ray...No....No....Noooooo!!!
Image
Yes I am
Location: Cincinnati, OH United States
Band Members: Nicholas Petricca, Eli Maiman, Alain Johannes, Natasha Shneider, Sean Waugaman, Kevin Ray
Album(s): The Other Side: B-Sides and Rarities, I Want! I Want!, Walk the Moon
Suggested Tracks: Anna Sun, Jenny, Tightrope, and Shiver Shiver

AT LAST NUMBER FIVE!
5. The Neighbourhood

Image
Another band that has a black and white theme to their music videos and album. This is number five because by this point most people know who the band is if not then they sing 'Sweater Weather' which is getting noticed for the past two months. I was pulled into this band by that song along with a few other songs. They have deep lyrics and music that makes the world go away, and have meanings that I'm not sure about the meanings. You should buy their album or download some singles from them, amazing and my dad likes them he's 47! that tells you something :)
Image
Location: Newbury Park, CA, Norman, OK United States
Band Members: Jesse Rutherford, Jeremy Freedman, Zach Abels, Mikey Margott, Bryan Sammis
Album(s):I Love You., I'm Sorry..., Thank You, The Love Collection
Suggested Tracks: Sweater Weather, Female Robbery, A Little Death, Flawless, and Afraid

Hope you check these bands out for the following year.

Until January :)
Love,
Clara
xxx
December 30th, 2013 at 03:32am