Interview: Endportal Kitten

I know it has been a long time that I have interviewed anyone. I still enjoy doing it, but I just have a hard time finding authors to interview that haven't already been interviewed. If you have someone who you want interviewed or if you want to be interviewed, please place a comment here or message me.

I got the chance to interview the wonderful Endportal Kitten. She is new to Mibba, and she is a wonderful writer. She has two stories already called Star Keeper and Lunacy. Both of the story are co-writes. I suggest you go read them both.

Well, I know you didn't come here for the introductions. So here is the interview. Enjoy!

-What is the meaning of your username?

It might sound dumb but I am a big gamer. I love Portal and when I started on this sight I had just finished the game! And I love cats. I have 3 cats :) It just seemed to be an easy username to start out with.

-So how long have you been on Mibba?

I just started on Mibba. My co-writer has been bugging me to do it and I had been thinking about it. The people on here are so nice and helpful!

-What kind of stories do you write?

I write original fiction. I like writing fantasy and horror. I am not into just writing one particular genre.

-I know some of us have writing rituals. Do you have a ritual when you write?

I usually make me a cup of coffee and if the weather is nice sit outside breathing in the fresh air. I will also listen to music or turn on the tv for some background noise.

-Is it random music or is specific?

I listen to Queen a lot but I listen to all different kinds of music. I will either put my ipod on shuffle or Pandora.

-What do you do when you run into writer's block?

I put it down and just walk away for a few days. I try not to think about it and then I read over it to start up some fresh ideas.

-What are some of your stories?

I helped co-write Lunacy and Star Keeper. I am coming up with ideas for my own story right now.

-What inspires you to write?

People inspire me to write. I know my best friend inspires me a lot. She is so creative and just has a good soul. Also, past experiences inspire me. I have had so much happen in my life that it makes it easier to get out while writing.

-Do you ever start writing a story and not want to continue it?

All the time! I usually get frustrated with what I am writing. Then stop for a bit and start on something else.

-Have you found any authors on here where you love their work?

Sometimes that is how it goes. I have been reading different stories since I started and I haven't found one particular author yet.

-Are there any authors like Stephen Kind or someone like that that really enjoy?

Yes, I love Steven King. IT is one of my favorite books. I enjoy other authors as well such as Anne Rice and Garth Nix.

-Is there a certain genre that you have a hard time writing?

I have a hard time writing fan fiction. I do not like writing it. I used to but I like making up my own characters and getting to know them, you know?

-Have you ever came up with an idea that you were excited about?

Only one, actually. I came up with the idea for the story that I am now writing with my co-writer. It is called Lunacy and it is really creepy.

-Do research what you write?

I do some research to make sure I am being factual and to help with some of the descriptions. I want to make sure what I am writing is correct.

-How did you get into writing?

My first grade teacher actually got me into writing. I didn't know how to read or write, so she would have me come to her house for some extra help. She would write a small story and I had to read write it correctly. At the end of it she was having me write my own and she made it fun. I got out of writing a very long time, but I am excited that I got back into it.

-What are your favorite parts of writing?

I have to say coming up with the characters and how they are. They have to be believable and the readers have to connect with them on a certain level. Every character is different in how they talk, how they look, and how they carry themselves. And being able to make someone from your thoughts and make them into a person is just truly amazing.

-Is there any part of writing that you dread?

I think the worst part of writing for me is coming up with the first chapter. Creating something from nothing is such a difficult process, and there are so many ways you can start something new. It's really hard, and that first chapter is the impression people are left with.

-Do you use an outline or do just write as you go?

I like to write as I go, but I do a little planning before hand. I always try to figure out my ending first, so it's easier to work my way to it.

-Do you ever get to a point in the story where you realize that you may need to do something else?

Yes, sometimes there are moments when I have to backtrack because I realize something doesn't add up the way it's supposed to.

-What advice would you give to new writers?

I would tell them to hang in there. People are always going to doubt writers, but if it's in your blood then you have to work at being a better writer than you were the day before until you are the best writer you can be. I'd tell them to believe in themselves and their writing.

***

It was an honor getting to interview you.
December 30th, 2013 at 05:16pm