What I Owe Macklemore

Hello fellow Mibbians.
If you have not yet had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting me, my name is Allie.
I'm sixteen years old and my hair is unnecessarily curly.

Anyway, this blog is pretty late, saying it's the new year already. Oh yes, happy new year and all that. I hope it's been very wonderful for you.

As I was driving to my Grandmother's house tonight, I heard Macklemore's Same Love. I mean, yes I've heard this song before. I assure you I'm not just experiencing it. But tonight was different. As I was listening and singing horridly at the top of my lungs, it was as if something just rushed through me.

When the chorus came, I realized that I haven't been very honest with my friends, my family, or even you guys. I've been so scared to share what I really am, and I apologize for that.

Honestly I don't know why. I used to pretend like I was so strong, like I didn't care what people thought about me. But I've been lying to myself. I do care. It's just a natural human instinct.

Yes. I care if my hair is screwed up, or if I have spinach in my teeth, or if I look like shit. I care if lipstick is smeared over my face or if anyone's noticed that I've gained five pounds. I care.

But I want to let go of that. Now, I understand that I can't completely change. I'm not going to say that 'new year, new me' bull shit. I know that there's only so much I can do.

So what I can do, however, is come clean.

My name is Allie. I'm sixteen years old, my hair is unnecessarily curly, and I am bisexual.

No, that doesn't mean I like every girl I see. No, I'm not saying this for attention. I'm saying this to finally let go and to be myself.

Thank you to anyone who has read this. You are truly amazing. And, if I haven't freaked you out, feel free to talk to me.(:

I love you all, and have a vibrant new year.
January 1st, 2014 at 10:55am