My Interview with ''Don'tFearTheReaper'' and ''Alexeerumis''

Hello everyone. ::mrgreen:

I am very sorry I haven't updated any interviews in a long while, but there is a reason for that. My messages just dissapeared. I'm not sure who did it, but it must have been my fiance's nieces. So, with the New Year, I will make a fresh start and start interviewing amazing authors once again. To those of you who had send me yours answers and I lost them, I am deeply SORRY. If by any chance you still have the messages, just send me the answers again, and we can work this out. I am very SORRY, honestly. ::cry:

And HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! ::arms:

With that being said, today's first interview is with Don'tFearTheReaper. My favorite story by him is Paranoia which is a original, rated R story. If you are up for reading a horror drabble which you will love for sure, then read Indefinite. I had to read his poems as well and this one, The Last Known Girl is my favorite one, along with Prisoner.

Now, I did a little digging. I can't stay away from blog entries, so this is what I found.
Is it Passion?
Saying Sorry Is Like Putting a Band-Aid On a Gunshot Wound
A Confused Blog About Homosexuality
My Opinion Is Menial: A Rec Blog
My Teacher "Accidentally" Read My Inappropriate Story
The Self-Righteous Generation Is Upon Us

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I would prefer to keep a little ambiguity on this topic.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I have been a part of this lovely family for about two years. But I had heard of it and browsed it for a year or so before joining.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I haven't found any need to; I suppose you can say I'm loyal to my family.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started writing before I even started grade school; so over a decade now.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Hearts Like Supernovas and the "I promise there's a sequel soon" Be Not Afraid to Love Me revolve around the budding relationship between a man and his best friend. There's nothing better than falling in love with the person you trust more than anything.

The Boy Who Loved and it's sequel, Three Left Standing, follow the downs of a homosexual male in a homophobic society.

Too Much is my first Jalex fan fiction. It's more of a Jack-in-the-box for the readers, no pun intended.

Paranoia is my baby right now, the first major original fiction that I have on this site. It follows a young woman with schizophrenia and the struggles of loving her, etc.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Most of my one-shots come from seeing societal issues, homophobia and other things. The fan fiction, I sort of wanted to dabble and see where I could go with that. My chapter fiction peaked my interest because it hits home. All of my fictions come from everywhere in my life, it's just how I applied them.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

I love Andy, the beautiful schizophrenic. She's quirky, something I believe we all get accused of sooner or later. She's so independent; something I wish I was. But she's also so personal.
I also love the two gay men from Hearts Like Supernovas and the sequel I'm writing. The relationship that they have is so at-ease. It's a friendship, more than anything. It's not forced.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I try to be as accurate as possible. Research, even finding out the zip code for Morningside Drive, New York City perhaps, adds to a story.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There are so many different authors here that I find myself lusting to be like. I try to soak in anything and everything when it comes to who writes, and how.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I try to stick with what I know. The writing that I post here is pretty much the same. It's something that I can attest to without seeming like I don't know what I'm writing about. On my own time, however, in the thousands of journals that litter my room, I have ideas that are so... out there. Things that aren't in my niche of writing so I don't post them here.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

Paranoia has been the most difficult beast because of the personal connection I have to each character and where it came from.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing means finding myself. Every time I sit down with a new notebook, or a new word document, it's a new chance to define who I am with the words I choose.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

I wrote my first story when I was in pre-K. So at the age of five, I wrote about ghosts. They were all after this one girl. It was purely for fun, to see what I could do. I'm so embarrassed by it now.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

Mostly my chapter fiction. It truly is a beast. I'm also proud of a story that I took off this site because it was too haunting. It was a true story called, When October Comes.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

The ability to let go of my characters. Sometimes, I get so attached to my leads that I just make it a run-on story, never to be completed. Other times, I get this great idea, I get two hundred or so pages and then I get bored with it. It's a running problem.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Somewhere in the middle. I write a lot, things that I would never put on this site because, oh my god, embarrassing. Other times I soak in other writers, lusting to be better.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I will read almost anything that you put in front of me. I want to see what the minds of others can do.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I read a lot fan fiction here because. But I definitely prefer writing and posting original fiction. To get the best of both worlds, really.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

It seems the only genre I won't post on Mibba is NC-17. Because I'm an awkward turtle who could never put myself out there like that. However, read some of the stories hidden in a safe so no one will find them, and you'd be surprised at what you see.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I try to write in the realistic genre with a hint of saucy romance. Because seriously, the stories I see around me in real life are funny enough. Plus, my sci-fi / fantasy imagination is shot to hell.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I don't really prefer a rating. It's the story line that really peaks my interest.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Going back to the pattern of Paranoia, the lead character, Andy, has been a hassle to write. She's so many different shades of the same person mixed into one. So I've had to pick her apart to try and find some consistency in her.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I always have to jump on Mibba, go through what other people are doing first, and see if my subscriptions posted. Then I sit back, crank music up until everyone can here it, and it's only then that I can put my feet up and crank out a few thousand words.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Andy is so much of myself it's not even funny. She gets sidetracked, trusts too easily, and loves passionately.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I always have one story that I write out longhand, never to be seen by the likes of Mibba. That's the "anything goes, any rating" story. It's there as a crappy story to get the crap out of my mind. It's weird; when I have horrible creative writing writer's block, i.e. things that I post here, I have great ideas for the crap story. And vice versa.

That, or mope about complaining, "Ugh, I have no ideas. Kill me now."

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I would be the sarcastic, easy going, perverted joke, looking for their other half, best friend of everyone.
I've found Miles Halter from Looking for Alaska way too easy to associate myself with. He's seeking out the Great Perhaps. But, I mean, aren't we all?

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I like Death, from The Book Thief. He presents the world with new eyes. Zusak did a great job with that novel.

28. How often do you update?

I try to be consistent. Once a week or biweekly. With a great story and great inspiration, I don't like to twiddle my thumbs. If I'm struggling, well, then that can be shot to hell.

29. Any words for your readers?

Thank you, really. You guys have become my family. It's pretty cool that you take your time to read my stuff.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

I love Steven King; his imagination is crazy. John Green writes works that are easy to relate to. There are plenty of others as well.

^-^ Thank you for this!. ^-^

Moving to the next interview in line, we have a writer that writes both kinds of fiction. Alexeerumis has an interesting story posted that all of you should check out. It's called Marionette and it needs all the love it can get.

Starting the interview. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Alexa Noah Rumero.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

No idea haha.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

Nope, mibba is my life.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I've always been a writer.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories?

They're all so different.

Hallways- Four teens struggling to fit in in an evironment full of so many different personalities.

Marionette- A successful lawyer learns to love a shy waitress, but they face many struggles.

Wild Cards- Kind of on hold, but it's about the son of my previous characters from the prequel You will be loved trying his best to adjust to life as he grows up along with his boyfriend and friends.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

My stories and chapters depend on what song I'm listening to..music plays a huge part in my writing.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Sam from Marionette, Noah from Wild Cards, and probably Pru from Hallways. Sam is timid yet strong, Noah can handle anything you throw at him yet stays loving, and Pru is just a sassy wreckless character.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Honestly.. No. Sorry, but I write what comes to my mind and see what story it fits best.

09. Is there an author in here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

jalex_barakarth3012 ×so amazing started reading their story.× and Josh Cutlip and Still Dreaming. ×They're badass.×

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

Of course. Sometimes it works better than others.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

My hardest story has to be hallways so far. I'm taking a different and somewhat difficult angle with it.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing is my voice, on paper I can write everything I've never been able to say and open myself to a new world of any sort.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

You Will Be Loved it's the prequel to Wild Cards, and is surrounds the life of Marni and Jason the parents of Noah, but the last few chapters push more towards the relationship of Noah and Vic.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I'm actually head over heels for Marionette.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

Puncuation I guess, and technical electronical difficulties.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Can't I just be both? Haha.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

Yes, my subscription list is kinda varied.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

Fiction..the real world can be scary.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Yep, that way it's easy for anyone to relate to, each person can use a story to enter their portal away from reality.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I don't have a favorite.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I'm super openminded when reading.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

Emmett from Wild Cards, he's fragile and I've yet to really master that.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I have to be writing on the floor with my legs crossed while listening to music.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I'd be Sam from Marionette strong yet timid and shy.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I listen to music or eat lucky charms.. Sometines both because, they're even better together.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

If I was in a novel I'd be the shy one that no one understands until they observe and get me alone. I can't say I'm anyone from a published novel though.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Harry from Harry Potter of course.

28. How often do you update?

When my laptop isn't making me angry.. Twice a week.

29. Any words for your readers?

I really appreciate you guys. Xoxoxo.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

All authors from all books I read are so amazing, but Stephen King is my favorite, as for inspiration.. I take a little from them all.

And that's the end for today.

Till next time,
~Marian.
January 1st, 2014 at 07:51pm