January goals

So, I've decided that along with making monthly favorites blog, I'm going to start every month with a set of goals and things that I want to accomplish my the month's end. This way, writing wise, personal life wise or just adventure wise, I've got an ongoing list of things that I've set my mind to and test to see if I can commit to them!

So, let's set some goals.

Finish two stories. This is a lot easier said than done. But I have two stories that I should be able to finish within the month, and that is Animal and Safe and Sound. Safe and Sound is much closer to being done than Animal, so I don't fret about that one. But Animal is sort of in the middle of it's plot right now, though I know that I cannot and should not drag this story on for too many more chapters.

Cut out soda. I've been weening myself off of soda again, which this past year I had actually given up for lent and was successful. Somewhere after, I got into the habit of drinking it for caffeine. I'm going to drink more tea, less soda, as to avoid the caffeine withdrawal headaches I get.

Read at least three books: In November, I was a complete reading machine. No book could withstand my force. Literally, I read five books in december. Three of them in a single week period. I was crazy. I want to find a bit of time to read this month, since my new classes are pretty laid back.

Get a fucking job. I have applied to bass pro, fossil, pac sun, victorias secret, jared and hollister. Got hired at none. I really don't want to work in the food industry because I have before, and I absolutely hated it. I liked retail a lot more. Thankfully, my roomie might be able to hook me up at Payless where she works!

Make a new friend. I seriously need a few friends. I'm determined in this new month to make a friend in one of my new classes. A friend I can hang out with, do stuff with. I had a few good friends last semester that I text on occasion, but it's never been like something that I could appreciate or be overly thankful for.

So yeah! These are a few January goals. Do you have monthly goals? What are they? Tell me. Confide in me. Feed my goal monster.
January 4th, 2014 at 01:45am