"You know my name, not my story."

this is really just a stream-of-consciousness rant. nothing really coherent

Usually these words are typed as the caption of teen's provocative Facebook picture, or as a status. A lot of the time the saying is followed with, "So don't judge," but what the people who are writing this don't understand is that you're being judged for what you do, no matter what you've been through. If you're 14 and you go around banging every guy you see or get borderline naked in your Facebook pictures, people are sure as hell going to judge you--whether you have a tragic past or not. Having a "story" does not give you the right to be a total slut, smoke weed, and drink alcohol, all while lashing out at everyone who judges you for it.

Of course, if you're old enough to be doing this then I have no qualms--but if you're a "depressed" high schooler, especially if you're a high schooler--you're going to get judged. It's kind of obvious. You're not being judged for your name nor your story; you're being judged for your outward actions and attitude. You're being judged for how you allow people to perceive you, and you shouldn't get pissed off. It's nearly impossible to find an nonjudgmental society, so if you're going to get pissed off about being judged you either need to 1) change yourself to avoid judgement or 2) stop giving a shit about what others think of you. Neither of these are very easy... I've learned that throughout my life and through living in a small town for nine years. But trust me, the later option is the best.

Moral of the blog: stop bitching about being judged if the only part of you that you let people see is the societal-perceived "bad" part. If you want to be perceived as a good person, as good things, then you need to show everyone those good things. If not, then yous seriously need to stop caring about what people think of you--whether you have a "story" or not.
January 5th, 2014 at 03:11am