Stereotypes: The Boob, The Player, and The Perfect.

I wrote a blog two years ago about an issue which was really bothering me. Boob stereotypes and somehow it has resurfaced. However, after giving the blog another read I feel like it doesn’t really capture my feelings on stereotypes in general – which by the way are quite strong.

1. Boobs.

Girls in society and in stories who are generally casted as antagonists constantly had large ‘basketball sized’ tits. In case you don’t already know this, those would be quite painful and you’d be hard pressed to find a surgeon willing to make you that endowed. Large breasts lead to back problems. For some reason theses infamous girls with tits like to rub them in boys faces, pick at their fake nails and drench their hair in acids in most fictional stories. They’re also only sixteen to twenty years old…So it’s totes believable, right?

2. The player boy.

Bad news. Teenagers don’t have sex like that. In fact they usually don’t have sex. Yes, boys can be huge assholes. They can shoot hoops and play hockey and be hunky dorey, but do girls rub their tits on him? Pray to lick his dick? No. Studies show that on average teenagers don’t start to have sex until they’re at least 17 years old. Do you know why? How about puberty, not to be vulgar, but your character’s balls haven’t dropped yet. He’s most likely not growing facial hair, he still sounds like a chipmunk (you remember making fun of J Biebs right?) and he’s definitely too shy to walk up to some blond bimbo with super huge tits that likes to rub them in people’s faces and say “Hey bbg, u want me to lick ur pussy?” By the way, nobody says that. That’s sexual harassment, and they’d be slapped, fined and possible sent to juvy.

3. The girl who’s totally hot, shy, clumsy and the main character who everyone loves

“Hi my name’s Rayne Sunshine. I have the perfect body with curves in all the right places (which means I have the boobs I will make fun of in the next chapter), I’m an A+++ student, gorgeous eyes, and flowing ass length brown hair that frames me perfectly.” Oh ma lanta. If I counted the number of times I essentially see this type of thing repeated I’d had enough numbers to drown myself. This character sickens me. I feel like you know why.

In conclusion, I would like to say that I personally do not believe that stereotypes were created by a lack of creativity and copying other author’s character. Stereotypes are an ugly concoction built on jealousy and ignorance. Not only do people like this not exist (usually), it’s rude to categorize everyone with boobs or everyone who’s good at sports into some kind of an asshole. Especially when those character’s don’t make any sense given their ages.

There’s several other character’s that annoy me. The overly energetic friends, the ADHD kid written by someone who doesn’t know what ADHD is, the abusive parents, the orphan, the bimbo mom, and the rapist stepfather, but I think I’ve divulged enough of my anger.

Disclaimer: This blog is explicitly my opinion. It contains many generalizations and is fairly hypocritical. If you have problem with it (ie. you’re insulted or have a difference of opinion) you are more then welcome to respond in the comments or create your own blog. However, if you are rude do not expect me to respond. This blog was not intended to hurt anyone’s feelings.

Image
January 7th, 2014 at 11:50pm