I think I'm done.

Just a little insight into my life for those of you who may or may not care...

So, I've been writing on here for a little more than six years. I've gone on hiatus due to writer's block and having to grow up and live my own life for awhile, I had to break out of this fanfictional world and begin living life as Lizzy. And then I came back. I needed this place as a getaway, I needed it as my magical little place to just come to whenever real life became simply too hard to handle.

Well, recently, life has thrown me quite a few curves. I work sixty hours a week at my job. That's a whole huge chunk of my life, devoted to working, so when I get off of work I devote whatever time is left of the day between hanging out with my family, my friends, and of course, my boyfriend. Not to mention maintaining my life as an adult and taking care of myself as well as my boyfriend, making sure that our little apartment is happy and clean and all that good stuff.

Finding the time to write is super fucking hard. It may take me what seems like a lifetime to update sometimes, but whenever I do actually find a few precious moments to literally sit down and work out some magic in the form of something resembling an update, I do my best to make the updates happen as often as I can.

But let me tell you, whenever I devote literally an entire night, sometimes getting an hour or two of sleep before working a 12-hour day to make sure the update is just right for you guys to read, and 300 of you read it... and only two of you are kind enough to click the link to comment and leave me a few words of your own...

it really makes me lose my motivation to write. It makes my creativity diminish, it makes me feel like I am wasting what little time that I do have to writing for people who aren't grateful for it. It's like, going to a restaurant, getting really great service that you enjoyed, and bailing out on paying the waitress a tip or your bill. I know that this website is free, but so is leaving feedback. Even if you hated it, I rarely ever post anything that is less than 4,000 words. The LEAST you could do is leave me a few as a reply. Otherwise, how else will I know if you even want to continue reading it?

If you liked my writing at all, even in the slightest bit, please tell me so. I take great pride in my writing, or... I used to. Now I feel as if it means nothing to anyone and writing is beginning to feel insignificant in my life once again and I don't want to lose my inspiration again. I have amazing ideas in my head that I am dying to write for you guys to read, please, please let me know that my writing is still something that is worth reading.

Otherwise, what the hell am I still doing here?
January 8th, 2014 at 12:40am