So, Addison's?

No, Addison's isn't my name. Although it's a part of me as much as my hair color. It's actually a disease. One that I found out I had in August of this past year. The summer of 2013 was terrible. I was always tired, I couldn't eat anything, and I was losing weight faster than you could say: "Why am I even reading this?". Everybody thought I had an eating disorder, even though I kept telling them I didn't. Turns out, people believe what they want to, because I was almost signed up for depression meds or something like that. So spent my whole summer walking five feet, nearly passing out, and then starting the whole cycle all over again. Just in May, I was submitted to the hospital for migraines, after spending that week in constant pain. Then I June, my dad wanted to take us all zip-lining for Father's Day. I trudged up all those hills (Mountains.) without passing out. It was a total miracle. I even went on a Mission Trip to St. Louis without passing out at all. And we did some heavy work! One of the symptoms of this disease I haven't really told you anything about, is that I get cold all the time. So if it was nearly one hundred degrees outside, I'd be wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt. Mind you, we didn't have air-conditioning. The worst part of that summer wasn't being sick. It was the constant abuse that came with it. I couldn't stand up straight. "Ginny, stop hunching your back, you're going to look like grandma".I couldn't do things (like hug or take showers) without passing out. "Ginny, are you OK? You need to stand up straight". I couldn't sit up straight. "Ginny, stop laying down on the restaurant seats. It's so embarrassing." I couldn't eat anything. "Ginny, you need to finish that Arby's sandwich or else." (I finished it. And threw up.) I couldn't even keep my food down. "Ginny, stop leaving driver's ed to throw up, or stay home. (And I totally finished that class with flying colors.) By the time I went to the hospital in late August, I was just throwing up bile. It's really disgusting. Anyway, so I had this horrible summer, and then we had a trip to Chicago, where all my family is, to say happy birthday to my grandma. (Note: She has the same birthday as me!) We get there, and my aunt, who is a nurse, starts checking me and trying to figure out what's wrong with me. She has all her nurse friends trying to discover my problem. They couldn't figure out what it was, but they knew that my low oxygen levels were bad. So, she told my dad that I needed to go to a hospital immediately. Well, my mom was back in Wisconsin, so my family drove all the way back, got her, and then drove to Children's hospital in St. Paul. I was put in a wheelchair, and asked a lot of questions while being poked and prodded. I was interviewed by two "Social Services" people, and then stuck with an IV and put in a hospital room. This was one week from my birthday. (Foreshadowing......) I spent that entire week sliding around the hospital floors and eating the pretty good food, and watching cable T.V, and basically bothering the nurses. Eventually, two or three days from my birthday, I found out that I had Addison's Disease. So I figured I would be out by my sixteenth birthday. WRONG. I spent my sixteenth birthday in the hospital. But my boyfriend and best friend visited. And I cried during a game of Monopoly (I told them it was the drugs, but I don't know..) But I was given cake AND cupcakes. And still had that stupid IV in. But I got asked out in the hallway with all these stars that light up. (We weren't technically dating then) It was fun and terrible at the same time. So thats Addison's.. Does anyone else have this disease??
January 8th, 2014 at 04:03am