I Started a Blog (Sort of) & I Want Mibbians to Join Me!

Hey guys!
So for years I've been wanting to start my own blog website off of Mibba and I sorta did last night. I honestly don't have much idea what I'm doing & there's no way I'd be insightful enough to fill up the whole blog by myself, so I was wondering if people wanted to join me to blog about different things on the site.

If you want to check it out first here it is: The Echo Collective. The name comes from a combination of "Generation Y", "Echo Boomers" and a couple other things. It basically means that we are a generation that is more and less than Generation X (our parents) and also subtly refers back to the addiction we have, as a generation, to the internet and our technology.

It actually took me quite awhile to come up with that. I wanted something that was fitting for a blog but was more meaningful than just "Maddi's Blog!" (and I wanted it to be cute. :)

So, it's going to be a really laid back blog site. My biggest thing is that there's no crap on there. Just talk about what you want to, when you want to and try to be real with it all. I figured that maybe six or seven of us could write on there, about different topics (but of course there could be some overlap).

Personally, I put music & writing on the site, but then added a place for YouTube, "People", and advice, because who knows maybe people will start coming to the blog and want to ask for advice. You guys can tell me what you want to talk about and I'll add, and it's totally cool if you want to talk about any of the things I listed too. I figured it could be a group effort.

So if you're interested in blogging, let me know in a comment! I was thinking that anyone who gets on board has to blog at least once a week. That's not really much considering we're a generation who keeps the internet in our pocket. A quick rant about someone you saw out and about would definitely suffice.

Like I said, really laid back. :)

So check out the site and let me know if you're interested in a comment on this blog! Also, let me know what you'd want to blog about! This could be really fun. Thanks!

P.S - once we get some authors, I was thinking we all could write a little something saying why we're blogging and post it on the "mission statement" page as a sort of get-to-know-us type of thing. :)

The blog is still a work in progress, and there will be plenty of room for suggestions! I'm sure some of you have much better ideas than I do. :P
January 8th, 2014 at 08:04pm