Long distance relationships, NHL, tumblr, Twitter, addictions, etc.

Recently, I started dating this guy named David. He lives in New York City and I live in Boston. We met on Twitter, in probably the most random way.

If any of you have a Twitter, I'm sure you remember when the app changed slightly (slightly enough for me to be upset with it, lol) and now whenever some you're following retweets an account you don't follow, it gives you the option on the lower right corner to start following that account. Well, I'm an avid Bruins fan and I had started following a NY Rangers fan, Josh, because he was extremely funny, despite being a Rangers fan. ;) During a Rangers game, Josh RT'd another Rangers fan. I was scrolling through Twitter and accidentally started following this account that Josh had RT'd. I went onto that account, originally to unfollow the kid, but I saw his avatar and was like, "Damn, he's cute." I looked on his bio and read through some of his recent tweets and decided he seemed like a cool person, and he was cute!

One day, the cute kid, David, tweeted, "Colorado losing 7-1 and the 2nd isn't even over yet." I replied, "hahaha are you serious?" and that's where it all started! I'm not a huge fan of Avs or Blackhawks, but I would rather Avs win. It was just pretty sad (sadly funny) seeing such a huge gap in the score! We started talking about hockey and somewhere along the lines it turned into a conversation about how much we adore animals.

After at least two days of talking nonstop on Twitter, I added him on Facebook and direct messaged him on Twitter, asking if he wanted to text because it's much easier to talk. I wasn't aware that as I sent that, he messaged me on Facebook asking the same thing! So we continued talking through text, and it just hasn't stopped since then. We literally send PAGES of texts. I have and iPhone 4S and when I'm reading a text from him, it takes up the entire screen twice. And that's how I text him back! It comes so naturally, talking to him, despite us both being socially awkward, lol.

We starting dating very recently, like, January 8th. I told my mother and she's not a huge fan of the idea of a long distance relationship, but she knows I'm well old enough to make my own decisions. I know he's real, he knows I'm real, we both truly like each other, etc. We're actually starting to send handwritten mail now, too. I just mailed him a letter yesterday. It's just another way to keep in contact and, if anything, it's a little more personal than phone calls and texts!

We plan on meeting up relatively soon, like hopefully the beginning of February! My friends have been so supportive of me. I told many of them about him before we started dating and their initial reactions were how cute he was, and how nice he seemed. (Mind you, that's an extremely rare reaction to my male friends/past boyfriends!) When it became "Facebook official," more of my friends found out about him, obviously, and talked to me at work and whatnot about it, and they've been making me feel even better about it!

My cousin, who's also my best friend, offered to drive me to the train that I'd take to see him, and pick me up from there, too! She also mentioned that she and her long time boyfriend have always wanted to go back to NYC and, if David and I were comfortable with it, I could go with her and her boyfriend and we could do our own thing once we get to the city and/or hang out all together! Then my friend Ashley texted me, saying her and HER boyfriend have always wanted to go to NYC together, and said they were both more than willing to take me to see him! My friends are the absolute best. I haven't mentioned it to David yet, but I'm going to soon, especially because he had told me just the other day that his best friend offered to drive him to Boston. Ahh, I just can't get over all the positive reactions I've been getting from this, even if it's the absolute beginning of a relationship!

-

On a less personal note, I've been using my Tuukka Rask tumblr more frequently lately. I post random personal things on there, but for the most part, it's all about Tuukka and the rest of the Boston Bruins! If you're interested, follow me! Same goes for Twitter, although this is an entirely personal account!

-

I need to stop smoking. It's such an expensive and unrewarding habit.
January 10th, 2014 at 09:17pm