Boys of Summer/Sunday Morning/Best Friends.

Boys of summer.

So I saw Blessthefall two days ago with the color morale, prepared like a bride and hand of the architect. Probably the best show I’ve ever been to, just because of the intimacy of it - no barrier and the band members were just walking around, saying hi to people, signing things, taking photos and having chats. It was lovely.

So the first band that played were hand of the architect and they were really great actually. The way they involved the crowd was really nice - they even handed over the mic at one point to one kid to literally just scream half a song and he was really good too. The band I think were a bit surprised at how many people got really into it and knew all the words which was a bit cool.

The second band, this is probably the coolest thing I’ve seen - their vocalist at one point jumped off the stage and walked into where all the kids were moshing and just held out the mic for almost a whole song, letting people fight over it. Like, people were jumping on people's backs and stuff. It was so cool. And they were amazing as well.

Then the color morale played and I hadn't listened to much of these guys beforehand but they were actually one of the best bands I’ve ever seen probably. Their singer, Garret, was so amazing with his words and at one point said something like, "We know you have no idea who we are so for tonight, we're just five fuck ups telling you stories about our lives, and you guys are the color morale." And that was the coolest feeling ever. He talked about self harm, and how if we belong no where else then we belong there. It was really cool to watch someone who so many people idolise, recognise that shitty things happen but there's always somewhere you belong. I met a kid before the show named Ash who was probably one of the biggest color morale fans you'd ever meet and at one stage Garret handed him the microphone, pressed their foreheads together and they both sang and if that's not the coolest thing you've heard today then you need to reevaluate. Watching this kid sing with his hero was probably the most emotional thing ever just because you could see how much it meant to both Ash, but also to Garret because this kid is screaming something he wrote, at the top of his voice, and he's just gone and made it even better by singing it with him and by giving him a platform to do it in front of an audience. Coolest guy out.

Then Blessthefall played and I can't even put into words how good their performance was. Like every little bit of it was just perfect. Even the way they interacted - Beau slapping Elliot’s ass and running his hands up his thighs - you could seriously tell that they were just all best friends playing music in front of like, sixty people, because why not? Like, that's awesome and they had probably as much fun as we did. Then Jess got on stage and everyone followed her.
Yeah.
I was on stage with Blessthefall.
And when I walked off, I hugged Eric and Elliot stopped me and asked what happened to my hand (my hand was bandaged because I hurt it the day before) and I said it was nothing to worry about, just a sprain.
And he goes, "You didn't... you know?" and I said no, and he said, "Good, because I’ve been staring at you all show hoping it wasn't what I was thinking because we can't have our fans hurting themselves." And he hugged me.

After the show, we kind of sat around for a bit, talking to people we'd met and reliving the whole concert. Then Blessthefall came out and I got beau, matt and Elliot to sign my ticket and had a quick chat with Beau. They were all such nice guys, so humble and down to earth and happy to have a chat with each fan and answer questions or whatever. Amazing.

Just before we left, I saw Garret walk past and I decided to go say hi to him, so I like chased him across the hall (probably looking like a big idiot) and said hi, he signed my ticket and then I was like, "I think what you were trying to say on stage tonight was super important. I’ve been struggling with self harm for nearly seven years now and every day seems to get harder and more impossible." And he said, "You and me both. How old are you?" And I told him I was seventeen and his jaw dropped, haha. I said, "Music has been my one constant, the one thing that seems to get me through everyday and going to concerts means that for however long I can forget about my friends and my family ad just be happy." And he nodded and said, "Things will be okay. They’ll work out for you, just like they did for me. Everything won't stay bad forever but until then just keep listening, keep going to shows." Then he hugged me and said, "Thankyou for coming out tonight and for supporting our music, and thankyou for being alive, it means the world to me."
And at this point I was like, sobbing all over him like a big idiot. He chatted with me for another minute while he packed up merch so I didn't have to go back to my friends all teary and gross, and then hugged me goodbye.

It was so cool to be able to just sit and chat with some really great, amazing people. Everyone there was amazing. After the show, Jess, Brayden, Josh, Justin and I all went and had dinner at McDonalds together and I stole a wet floor sign (yolo). Justin and I headbanged to Attila in his car while Jess, Josh and Brayden realised they'd just let me get into a car with a stranger. Then we planned a bones crew beach trip.

-

Sunday Morning.

A couple of weeks ago I met two super cool guys named Hamish and Daniel at a party. Since then I’ve learned that Hamish plays drums (literally his life revolves around him playing drums it's a bit cute) and Daniel plays probably every instrument under the sun. Daniel is teaching Hamish guitar at the moment.
Anyway, yesterday after coming down from my concert high, Daniel skyped me and played be a bunch of his original songs and Sunday Morning by Maroon 5 while I drank green tea and smiled excessively at his obscene amount talent.

We discussed how he and Hamish need man skirts and then I told him I’d bring my skirts to Vicky’s for them to wear and he laughed but said I definitely had to. Then he suggested that before we go to Vicky’s I should come over and we could all do the music thing ??? Hamish could learn more guitar and we could sing and he could teach me basic things.
Which is amazing because he's so, so talented and he'd be teaching me how to do talented things as well and he says he's heard that I have an amazing voice and he said he'd be stoked to sing with ME? I WOULD BE STOKED TO SING WITH HIM OML.

-

Best friends.

At Blessthefall, I met this kid named Justin who, on the night, told that we were best friends now because he was cool and lived near me. Last night he facebooked me and said, "I’m on my way to your house right now, I quit my job and need to celebrate." So he came over, he painted my legs and helped me do some of my journal stuff, then we went for a maccas run and he tried to figure out bands that I didn't know. We shared life stories and hugged a lot and he tried to kidnap me and yeah it was a 10/10 night.
January 11th, 2014 at 06:09am