Writer's Block. | Beta Reading. | Short Storying.

Sometime around November of last year I said that I was going to take a chapter-posting hiatus. In other words, I wasn't going to post anything new until January. The thinking behind this was that it would give me time to really focus on my writing, to get my new stories started, and give me time to write without the whole "you need to update!" thing hanging over my head.

I am now in a position to say that my plan somewhat failed.

Instead of getting a whole lot written in that time, like I expected to, I basically wrote nothing. It wasn't until after the New Year that I finally managed to punch out a prologue for The Angel of Vengeance, and even now I'm nowhere near completing the first chapter. So my novel-writing hiatus is going to go on a bit longer, sadly. Sorry to my expectant readers. But hopefully I'll have something new posted up within the weeks. See below.

----
As I'm not getting much writing done, I've decided to offer my services as a beta reader. I've found that I like to edit writing almost as much as I like to write, so if you're looking for somebody to check your spelling, grammar and punctuation, send me through a message and I'll see what I can do for you.

I also offer constructive criticism to those who want it, but you need to be able to handle my honesty. Again, if you're interested, send me through a message.

----
Let's face it - I have always preferred novels over short stories. I like that I have more room to move: more time to develop my plot, my characters, etc. Short stories have never really spoken to me. But since my novels are giving me some trouble right now, I've decided that it might be time to give short stories a serious go. Both because I need to write, and because I think this will inspire me.

I know it's going to be a challenge, but I think I'm up for it. Though any advice that people might have on the topic of one-shots and short stories is highly welcome!
January 14th, 2014 at 12:38am