I work in a pediatrician's office now | whaaaa?

About a month ago I got a job at a pediatrician's office. All I can say is: what the actual fuck. I'm never having kids EVER. Don't get me wrong, though. I love children, and I love taking care of them at work, and I love babysitting my nephew because he makes me smile. But there's no way in hell I'm having one of my own.

Nope.

These kids are absolutely INSANE. I sit in the office and listen to kids scream, wail, and carry on all fucking day long. It's ridiculous. And what the fuck is with the people who bring their kids in twice a week because they're sick?!

Monday, the kid has "acute pharyngitis" because the strep test came back negative and there's nothing else they can diagnose him with. Wednesday, he kid has a "viral infection" because, again, the kid is throwing up and the doctor can't legally say that the kid is lying or making stuff up. Friday the kid comes in because "his throat still hurts because the antibiotics you gave him aren't working."

Um yeah. Because YOUR KID IS A PSYCHOPATH WHO ONLY WANTS TO GET OUT OF GOING TO SCHOOL.

Call me a grumpy ol' gal, but this is getting stupid. People, whatever happened to only taking your kids to the doctor when they were REALLY starting to worry you? When I was a kid, my mom hardly ever took me to the doctor. Like, my throat had to be bleeding before she would take me to the doctor because my throat hurt.

I may be exaggerating a little, but whatever.
January 15th, 2014 at 05:20am