Wasting Money

I bet you are sitting there like "Whoa! Did she, is she? HOW COULD YOU WASTE MONEY!?" But this isn't a blog about me. It's a reflection on some things that I have come across in school.

As you all may know, I am in Culinary School, Baking and Pastry yo!

Anyway, I am paying 29 big ones to go here, to learn everything and I have been given about a year to do it. 15 months including 3 months externship.

Anyway, when I go to class, I have to share the teacher and the experience with 14 other girls. Which is a lot in my school. Classes shouldn't exceed 12, and I know two I want to boot.

Now, not only are they witches stung by a "b", they seem to be making it hard on not just themselves, their parents or our teacher, but for all of us THERE TO LEARN.

I understand that you get sick sometimes, but if you can walk into a caf, each lunch looking all cute and ready to go out, you can come to class. And when you do come to lecture and the chef tells you to help someone, you are supposed to do it. You are in Culinary School learning International Baking and Pastry, to earn that certificate, you need to learn chocolate. Don't get all "I don't want to do this." and leave the classroom when the chef's back is turned. That is unprofessional and it effects us all.

I'm not here bashing, I am making a point. My point is, when the chef assigns groups to do certain things and you decide it's okay to skip because you "don't want to do it" it doesn't mean that we get one less truffle, it does, but it also means that we, as a brigade are messed up. Our jobs at the end of the day need to be altered because you are not here to do yours. Meaning, someone else has to do their job and yours.

It's not fair. Why are you spending $29,000 if you aren't going to come to class and learn. You completely sat out of the chocolate tasting (which, yes, is very important for a baker/chef because our pallets need to expand and let me tell you, CHOCOLATE HAS SOME CRAZY NATURAL FLAVORS THAT YOU HAVE TO TRY)

As far as I know right now, you have to retake 2 classes, meaning another $2,500 out of your parents pockets.

And this bothers me because it's holding me back as well. As I am trying to take in all the things Chef says, you guys are talking in my ear about meaningless bull and smacking your gum in a mocking way "Oh, I'm eating chocolate"

Also, you are disgracing your chef whites. Don't wear foundation. Rules of the school. NO MAKEUP.

I'm really not here to bash, I just DON'T UNDERSTAND.

xxBambi
January 16th, 2014 at 10:29am