Mibba's Stories are Getting Less Origional

I've been thinking about the stories on Mibba and I just couldn't help but think about how, like, 70% of them are fanfictions, and most of the ones that aren't are about really depressed people.

I mean, I'm okay with reading an occasional fanfic. It's just really not my thing. I'm not gonna lie- I usually skip over most of the ones with the "fanfiction" label. Sorry. There's just so many of about the same things! Most are love stories. Just sayin'.

And then the ones that are actually original, half of those are about girls or guys who are really depressed and alone (usually cutters...) who someone falls in love with and they try to push the lover away but then in the end they both are knee deep in love. Basically.

And then there's the teenage love story where it's pretty much the popular guy falls in love with the unpopular girl that has a crush on him via notes during class and texting.

I'm not saying that all of the stories based on these things are the same, and I'm not trying to diss you if you write about these. Some of them are really good! The same storyline just gets boring and predictable.

Also, I know that there are a bunch of stories out there not based on these. But when I go through the list of them on Mibba, those are hard to find. Have you guys noticed this?

Also, I saw this gif. So they come out of the pool and suddenly it's the ocean?? Notice the lane divider in the pool at first.
Image
January 16th, 2014 at 03:24pm