Interview with MoneCloveR

Me and my friend Sara have started to do interviews with all you lovely Mibbians out there. To decide who we will interview, we've asked you to recommend users that you like, or maybe a friend of yours. If you want to recommend a user, or a few, that we could interview you can click here or here. In those two blogs you can read everything about "how to recommend a user" and everything about our interviews in general. You can also check who we already have interviewed, so you don't recommend someone we've already interviewed :)

In this interview we talked to the lovely MoneCloveR

NOTE: We have some Mibba related questions and some personal ones. The people we interview aren't forced to answer all the questions!

Mibba related:
When did you start on Mibba?
7 months ago... I was writing on a site called FanWorks and there were a lot of issues with the site's owner updating it (or not updating it, I should say). It basically got really dead and the guy notified us all that he was considering killing it. So, I moved my stuff here upon the recommendation from a couple of other writers.

What is your primary genre to write?
On Mibba (and back on FanWorks) the only thing I've written is fan-fiction. I wrote in the Avenged Sevenfold section exclusively there, but here I'm branching out a bit and plan on continuing to branch out. I'd love to start writing original fiction and, hopefully, become published some day.

What is your favorite thing about Mibba?
First and foremost, my favorite thing about Mibba is the fact that I am able to reply to reader feedback. That wasn't available on my old site, at least not in-site. I had to email people if I wanted to say thanks for the review or anything like that. So being able to actually converse with my readers is awesome. Secondly, the customization that I can give my stories is awesome. Layout making is possibly the most fun I've ever had on a computer.

What is your inspiration for your stories?
Everything! A couple of times, a story starts with a dream I have. Other times, I bat ideas and words back and forth with other writer friends (Embracing Shadows and I are kind of famous for our idea bouncing sessions) and an idea will just form and blossom into a full-fledged plot line.

Who is your favorite author on Mibba?
To be honest, I don't read as much as maybe I should on Mibba, but that's because 1.) I have the attention span of a gnat and 2.) Most of my free time goes to writing and editing my own stories. But, two of my fellow writers who came here from FanWorks are Beka (Embracing Shadows) and Whitney (P.B. Darkside.) Beka is really great at taking you on an adventure right along with her characters. All of her stories are epic and even when she fills me in on what she has in mind, I still never expect what's coming. Whitney's specialty is most definitely lust. That woman works magic with romance and leaves you drooling on your keyboard. If I had to recommend anyone, it would be those two ladies.

Do you make your banners and layouts yourself?
I do! Usually, I like to keep it simple, but like I said before, banner and layout making is so much fun!

Is there anything you'd like to change or add to Mibba?
The only thing I would change is the way we upload our stories. I write all of my stuff on Word, so copying/pasting/formatting/coding gets a little tedious. It would be kind of nice to just be able to upload your document and have it fit onto your layout. But I'm not complaining.

Personal questions:
How old are you?
I'm 27... ancient compared to some of you guys. Hah!

Do you have any pets?
Yes. I have an 11 year old Pit Bull named Duchess. She's my baby! I'm a little obsessed with her, even after all these years. She's the perfect sidekick.

Where's your favorite place to visit, or what place do you want to visit?
Hmm... a lot of my family lives in northwestern Florida, so I love visiting them there. My mom is from Upstate New York, and I like it up there, too. I'd love to visit England one day and see all of the gorgeous architecture and hang out in the cool, rainy climate. And Italy, too. I'm Italian-American and I'd love to visit the homeland. But I'm terrified of flying!

What is your favorite Tv-show/movie?
Oh wow, there are way too many to list. Right now, I'm obsessed with Supernatural and Sherlock. I love Game of Thrones. I like sitcoms, too... Big Bang Theory, 2 Broke Girls, Mike and Molly. I watch entirely too much TV. And any Marvel movie is my favorite. I'm a huge Avengers fan. But honestly, my favorite movie of all time is probably Mermaids. Weird, I know.

What is your favorite band/artist?
My favorite band of all time will always be Guns N Roses, the original lineup. They were the first band I ever fell head over heels in love with. But since they're just a given, my alternate would have to be My Chemical Romance. They're amazing.

What is your favorite food?
I love almost all food. Pasta is probably my favorite, though. Pasta, tomato sauce, and cheese... what more could you need in life?

What is your favorite color?
Kelly green is my signature color. I like wearing it a lot, but I don't know if it's my favorite. I like turquoise and mint and grey... and black, of course.

What is your favorite animal?
The elephant. I've loved elephants ever since I was very little and saw The Jungle Book. Elephants never forget! Plus, they're just gorgeous.

What is the meaning of your username?
This is actually kind of interesting, because when I joined FanWorks, I wasn't aware that formatting would take (capitalization and whatnot), so I was just "moneclover" and I wasn't sure if anyone knew what it meant. When I joined Mibba, I added the changes to emphasize the name. It's My Chemical Romance's initials woven into "one love", because I'm a dork, couldn't think of anything cooler at the time, and really love MCR. Plus, I was lucky enough to have readers who loved me and my work, so the name stuck.

Thank you so much for doing this interview with us!
January 19th, 2014 at 03:12pm