My Interview with ''Katie Shakespeare'' and ''KaitlynnRose15''

Hello everybody. ::mrgreen:

Today's first interview is with Katie Shakespeare. Her original slash stories are amazing. I had quite a hard time picking a favorite one from her stories, but I ended up picking The Russians which is complete, along with Lovestruck which is ongoing. You might also want to chck out her article, That Terrifying Kingdom Called High School. I found it rather interesting.

And with this, we reached questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

Katie Shakespeare.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

Since 2011.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I am posting some stories on wattpad.com, tallenge.com, and deviantart.com but mibba is actually where I post them first.

04. Since when have you been writing?

Since the fifth grade, when I started to write my real story.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Well I have a lot of stories, so here we go!

Because of You: Julius Holladay has put up a front all his life. Boone Skye has hid himself from everyone. When they meet, can the walls of these two troubled boys come breaking down, or will they be built higher?

Just Junk: M Mistretti and Ruby Tully Tucker live in the Junkyard. The Junkyard is a place that was founded many decades ago because a war was ravaging and tearing the world apart. Those who weren't considered normal were tortured and abused, so a small group fled and trekked through the deepest forests until they found the Junkyard, a place for outcasts that has been hidden for many years. M and Ruby are two boys of the third generation of the Junkyard citizens, best friends with their own struggles they try to figure out. But what happens when your an outcast among outcasts?

Confessions of a Confused Teenager: Brody Kumichel is your typical sarcastic and snarky teenager looking to piss someone off. Chance is his best friend, much like Brody but calmer of the two. What happens when their boundaries of friendship become hazy as their high school career comes to a close?

Confessions of a Conflicted College Grad [Sequel]: Brody is in California, with his new friends and new life. Chance is at Seaburt, with his friends and new life, too. Each go about their days normally, throwing on a smile during the day. But at night, when all is quiet and the stars are shining bright like they use to many years ago, they sigh and think of each other. Looking at their phones wanting to call, visiting home wanting to see each other. Will Brody and Chance ever let each other back into their new lives, or will they shut each out forever?

A Naïve Love: Beau Emmet is a smart boy, but he doesn't understand every day things. He doesn't know what sex is or even what kissing is. He doesn't understand manners or religion and he doesn't understand death. Jesse-Robin Weston, who goes by JR, is Beau's best friend. JR understands that Beau is naive and is protective of him when he gets into trouble. Everyone likes JR, but he doesn't like himself, because he has a secret. He's in love with Beau, but he's not even sure if Beau can understand his feelings. When the two boys get in a fix, they have to high tail it out of town, discovering what love truly is on the way.

My Life as a Man Whore: Jocko Jorgenson is not your typical man whore. He likes to sleep with people to make them have a great experience, and then sets up his flings with past flings. He's a matchmaking tramp. He rules his side of the school, holding his head high like he's an emperor. In the bizarre town with his bizarre friends, he lives his life as though it's a ticking time bomb, testing the waters of what things will explode next. Then Jocko meets a boy...

My Life as a High School Stripper: Sweetheart Florence is a teenage boy who lives in the creepy town of Skull Valley, where crime is normal and freaks roam. Sweetie lives day by day, facing the raids of citizens and potential capture of his cute ass. It's all normal for Sweetheart, but then he meets Caesar Montgomery, a mysterious man feared and admired by the citizens of his town. Caesar always leaves Sweetheart with a new feeling, constantly leaving an eerie and mysterious impression on that boy.

It's The Things I Do Just For You: Brady Boyer the Bad Boy. He's been to military school, juvi, and under house arrest. Though just because he's a bad boy doesn't mean he's stupid. He's smart, athletic, artistic, and so on. He's kind to all the right people and mean to all the jerks. He tries to teach people all the life lessons he's learned from the harsh reality of the world - because he knows the small town of Lebanon, Indiana needs a daily dose of reality. He's the guy that parents wish their children could be like, but warn their kids to stay away from him. He's finally going to attend school and make an impression in people's minds. He plans to make a statement and to reform the people who need to open their eyes. He plans all this, but... Then he meets Jake.

The Russians: Isidor Dementyev and Maxsim Dementyev are twins, born in a small village in the heart of Siberia in Russia. Their parents are gone and they had to fend for themselves. When Maxsim disappears for a year and then returns to take Isi to America, where they can have a better life, can the twins hold on to what they love the most - each other - or will the dramatic changes in their lives rip them apart?

If It Never Happened: What if Simon Cowell never created "The X Factor?" What if One Direction never got together? Would these fabulous five musicians still become close in the way we know them to be today? In this story, we see the world from Louis Tomlinson's perspective, his life working as a waiter in Doncaster Rovers Stadium. We see his first encounters with Zayn, bonding instantly, and see his accidental (and embarrassing) meeting with Liam. Prepare to see him meet Niall in a bizarre place, and see his flustered, girlish way of meeting Harry.

It's Just A Game: Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson completely shipped 'Larry Stylinson.' They would purposefully flirt and cuddle and look cute for their fans, because they loved making their fans happy. It was just a game to them. They always tried to see who could push each other the farthest, who could act the cutest and most loving. Though then came a fateful day when they were doing a concert and a fan girl asked them to do the unthinkable for her birthday - to kiss. Will this kiss take a toll on one of them? Is it just a game between them any more - or has this game turned into real life?

My Life as a Homophobic Homosexual: Will Francis has always considered himself normal. He was had good physical characteristics and bad ones. He got acne. He was B average. He was in some school activities. He had some friends and went out occasionally. He was gay, too, but in his bland town you can be gay and won't get discriminated against. Though there's something about him that is definitely not normal. He's a homophobic homosexual.

Frostbitten: No one likes the snow - except for Jack Frost. Since he had to take over his father's job to make it snow appropriately, he despises that everyone despises what he loves. Only having a few friends, Jack goes through the year with an icy approach to people considering the majority of them tell him to never make it snow again. Jack wishes he was popular because then maybe people would like the winter because he likes the winter, the way Cupid likes summer and everyone likes Cupid, who also happens to be the number one person Jack can't stand. Though as the seasons change, Jack soon finds himself in situations setting the odds agains his hate to Cupid - and Jack just doens't know what his feelings are anymore. Will they be something he likes - or hates?

Lovestruck [Sequel]: Cupid is stuck. He's in a situation where it seems almost everyone will end up getting hurt, and as a person who blames himself for everyone's sorrow, he's freaking out. To top it all off, there's a new leader within his world, and him along with everyone else isn't sure if this new ruler is going to be helpful to the mythical beings. As Cupid struggles to figure out how to save everyone, can he end up making everyone happy in the process? And since he's Cupid - he'll definitely know if someone isn't happy.

Tease: B Everly was new to the small town of Meadow Hills. He moved into a small clearing with one house across from it. In that house lived the huge family of Beauchamps. Alec Beauchamp was the one in B's grade. The second he saw Alec, he knew he was gay. Alec is the golden boy of the school - even though he shouldn't be. He's a nerd, he's poor, he's not conservative like his peers, he's not in sports or clubs, and he's just weird. And yet, everyone likes him. B figured if he was gay and popular, he could come out. But B forgot he had amazing gaydar, so he unfortunately found out Alec was definitely not out of the closet. And for that, B utterly resents the ever-so adorable Alec. Though for a project, the two have to get to know each other a lot more. That's when B discovers Alec is a virgin, but not just that. He discovers Alec, the boy who pisses him off, is the biggest tease he has ever met - one he despises to like. But will he always dislike Alec, or will the teasing eventually throw B over the edge. You'll just have to read to find out.

I Hate You: Ace and Chase are twins. They exemplify identical. They can hardly name any differences between them and they absolutely thrive on being alike. They consider themselves too close for anyone else to understand. They love each other and are inseparable. Having been sent to a school for "troubled" kids, they were surrounded by other freaks and adults who degraded them, but with each other they built one another up. Though what happens one day when they're forced to knock each other down and rip each other apart? Will their love break through - or will their hate triumph all?

I Am Bailey Bennett: Beautiful: Possessing qualities that give great pleasure or satisfaction to see, hear, think about, taste, smell, and to feel. You do not want to see me. When you see me, you see a freak. You do not want to hear my voice, my high hideous voice. Nor do you want to think about me and my disgusting self. Never would you want to taste me with your lips, or smell my wretchedness. And you most certainly do not want to feel me. You do not want to feel me or feel what I feel. I am Bailey Bennett and I am not beautiful.

The Boss: Meet Emerson Lane. A twenty-one-year-old college drop-out working on the 23rd floor of the most successful business in the world. Meet Lafayette Jeff. The owner of Lafayette Inc., he is one of the richest men in the world, and also one of the most handsome. Offered a promotion to be Mr. Jeff's personal assistant, Em easily takes the higher paying job, expecting to be the little gopher of a corporate big wig. Little does he know, though, that Mr. Jeff is not your typical, billion dollar owning boss. And little does Mr. Jeff know, though, that Emerson Skye is not your typical twenty-one-year-old cute homosexual man either. Working with the mysterious billionaire, Em discovers more than what the media lets on, the many rumors and mysteries that swirl around Lafayette Jeff, finding out the intimate details of such a strong, confident man. And without him realizing it, Mr. Lafayette Jeff is also discovering the very intimate details of the young and attractive Emerson Lane.

Brick By Brick: Alex Cicero and Garrett St. Claire are two boys attending the greatest college in the world. They are forced to be rivals and are forced to compete against each other on a daily basis. To keep them on their toes, the small but prestigious school has decided to put them as roommates for the entire school year. The two young men already despise each other. Alex is loud and short tempered. Garrett is quiet and collected. They had never gotten along, and being forced to live together is not what they want to do. Though in the midst of this competitive school year and the sleepless nights, the two boys who were made to believe that they had nothing in common soon discover that they are more similar than what they thought. That is, they're both gay.

Under Eyelids: Alex Cicero is a jerk. In fact, he's your stereotypical jerk. He's stupidly attractive, popular, a jock, etc. He picks on those people that get called weird even though they're just being themselves. He only gets good grades because he acts like he's a good student in front of teachers. He's the jerk that not many people actually like, but they pretend to like him or they secretly want him to like them. He wasn't always a jerk, but then came middle school when girls found him cute and funny. The problem is he didn't find them cute or funny. Yeah. He's so stereotypical. He's that popular jerk who picks on the gay kid just because he's secretly gay and hates it. Alex Cicero is gay, and he's only ever met two people who are gay. Charlie Oscar, the boy who lives next door to him, the one he picks on, and then Garrett. Garrett was Alex's imaginary friend, though he wasn't imaginary he was just invisible, according to Alex. They were friends up until the summer before Alex started middle school. He told Garrett they couldn't be friends anymore, shared their first kiss, and Garrett said he was going to the land where imaginary friends get dumped at. Without Garrett to guide him and teach him anymore, Alex lost his way and turned into said jerk. Though through a series of events, Alex finds himself in the land of imaginary friends. With Garrett there to greet him, Alex eventually starts to like this new place where he can be himself and be immature and fight monsters and fly and do everything reality says he can't. But when reality starts dawning on him, with the help of Garrett he must make the toughest decision of his entire life - to stay, or not to stay?

06. What inspired you to write each story?

Well, most of my inspiration comes from other books or novels. I'll read a book or see a movie and I'll intertwine those themes with other books and movies and add in things from my personal life and then the plot comes around. I'll usually daydream a lot and so I'll play out these scenes while I'm in class and I'll start to work with that and then I brainstorm.

With Because of You and Just Junk, that's actually loosely inspired by "Cats the Musical."

Then My Life as a Man Whore was derived from Because of You actually.

Confessions of a Confused Teenager and its sequel come from a story I wrote on paper but never finished and from events in my life.

My Life as a High School Stripper is actually a funny one because I was watching "Glee" and I saw one character having to be a stripper, and so I just used that and somehow added in this gothic element to it.

It's The Things I Do Just For You is interesting because Brady is sort of like my alter ego, or the male version of me, and so that's just him basically replacing my life actually.

It's Just a Game was of course derived from One Direction, but I always thought the two boys shipped their bromance and just wrote about it. If It Never Happened is the same, but I always imagined what would happen if they had never met.

My Life as a Homophobic Homosexual comes from my debates over gay marriage and how people call other people homophobic, but they're not "afraid" and so I wanted to use the term in its actual tense.

The Russians had been a story in my mind for a while and I honestly don't remember how that one came to be. I think I probably read another twincest story and it just made me want to write my own.

Frostbitten and Lovestruck are derived from the movie "Rise of the Guardians" because when I saw it I thought Jack Frost was gay.

Tease was a spur of the moment story that was inspired by another story with a similar character and it was really just a drabble story I had to write to clear my mind.

I Hate You was derived from another twincest story and Ace and Chase are actually very much like Brady from It's the Thing I Do Just For You, but there's two of them.

I Am Bailey Bennett is from a dream I had with a character from The Russians where the boy had breasts, and so I thought about it and made the character intersexual.

The Boss was inspired by the movie The Proposal and was originally suppose to be very different, but Frostbitten inspired me, too.

Brick By Brick was inspired from my time in college now and also the characters from Confessions of a Confused Teenager.

Finally, Under Eyelids was an on going thought process. It started out very different, but then I remembered a story I wrote a long time ago and pulled all these elements together to create it.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

Well all of my characters are actually the same, really. The characters from my stories, Brady, Boone, Alex, Garrett, Emerson, Lafayette, Benvi and Allie are really the same characters, but they're just reused and put in very different situations and lives. Like with Boone from Because of You, he is also synonymous with Jack Frost from Frostbitten. Though I think Isi from The Russians and Emerson from The Boss have to be my favorite characters. Isi is nothing like me and so it made it fun to write, then Emerson is just a likable person.

08. Do you do research before writing?

Well I usually do lots of brainstorming. Sometimes I'll have a bunch of story ideas in my head and so I try to combine them together to get them both out of my brain. Or I just have this vague idea and so I have to think it over before writing. As for researching what I'm writing, I sometimes do research. I had to do a lot of research for my story "I Am Bailey Bennett" because that's about an intersexual person and I had to learn more about that. I also just do small research for certain parts of my story, and it's one of the reasons why I really love writing. The more in depth I get with a story then the more I enjoy writing it.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

There was one author that got me into writing more stories on here called Insaneosaur but she hasn't been on in a very long time.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I definitely write about stuff I have never experienced. I write about lots of gay men and I'm not a gay man. I put them in situations that are not common in my life. Though I don't typically write in genres I'm not use to. I have never written a mystery but I've written stories for lots of other genres. They usually always include some humor and romance, but can sometimes be fantasy, science fiction, historical and so on.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

The hardest story I ever had to write was probably "I Hate You" because it was the first time I had to kill characters. I normally try not to kill them off because I like them so much, so it was very different and difficult.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing to me is an outlet. It's how I express myself, it's my voice, it's an insight to my thoughts. It's a way my imagination lets loose and it's one of the most important things to me.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

I don't even remember what the first story I wrote was called. It was a science fiction story set in the 1950's. The world's history wasn't quite the same, but the culture was. The musicians were the same, but the world was sort of unified because there was an alien race threatening humanity. Though underneath it all it was a love story. Two people who were saviors of the world fell madly in love in the end.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

I would have to say "The Boss" because it's my most recent one and when you look through my writing you can see progression. So I always favor my recent ones because I can see improvement in my writings.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

I tend to lose track of writing. As I write more, sometimes in the middle of a story I lose details and development. It just gets poor, and I have to go over it some more.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

Definitely more of a writer. I occasionally read, but frankly I am very picky about the stories I read. I've just read so many great stories it's hard to read any others unless they're really tremendous.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I occasionally do, basically. I try not to read mysteries because I just get so absorbed in them that I refuse to do anything until they're over with, and a lot of times they have a series so I'm hooked for weeks. I really like gay fiction, but I'm picky about what stories. I enjoy classics, student and teacher relationship stories, and your typical adult romance novel set in the past.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I think I prefer original fiction, but I'll have spurts where I want to read or write a fanfiction. Though I sometimes don't take my fanfiction as serious because it's just something stuck in my head and I want to get it out of my system. So I usually write my fanfictions quickly to just get them out of my thoughts so I can focus on other fiction.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

I usually just write stories that range from PG-13 to R, sometimes I'll have a seen that is very mature, though. I try not to make them too mature because I'm not as into that. I try to maintain a thirteen or higher reading.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

Humor and romance. I always write a romance story and I usually always try and add humor. I don't mind writing a sad story or scene, but I just prefer some fun because I don't see those as often.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I prefer romance, LGBT, and humor. I like fun stories to read and I love romance novels.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

That is a very tough question. I wrote Isidor Dementyev who is not like me at all, but it was actually kind of easy to write. I think the hardest character I have written is Alex Cicero from "Under Eyelids." I've only written one chapter but I have brainstormed and he's just a different characters. I still have similarities with him, but he's different from other characters. He has a lot more depth to him and I plan on developing in very different ways.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

Listening to classical music helps me focus, but often times I can write anywhere.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

Well, my Brady character is sort of like my alter ego and the male version of me, but I put a lot of myself into Emerson Lane as well. All of my characters share something with me, but really I think Emerson is most like me in the end.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I sometimes reread my story, to help me remember what I had planned for it, but bottom line is I just sit and force myself to write. Once I get into it I just keep going.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I think I would be relatable. I am very much like many characters you have read before in typical teenage stories. In a lot of stories you have seemingly normal characters, but then you get inside your head and you see that they are unique, and that's like me.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

Scarlett O'Hara from "Gone With The Wind" is always a fun character, but I also have a thing for your archetypical leading male characters like Mr. Darcy, Rhett Butler, Jay Gatsby and other characters like them from classic novels.

28. How often do you update?

I am actually quite good at updating. Sometimes I'll have a little while until an update, but normally I can update at least once per week.

29. Any words for your readers?

Just a big thank you and hope you enjoy the rest of my stories!

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

Really, all authors inspire me in some way if I read their stories.

^-^ Thank you. ^-^
_______________________________________________________

Next in line for an interview is KaitlynnRose15. This girl writes both kinds of fiction and she has completed three original stories on mibbaland. All of the stories she uploads will eventually be tied together and that makes it more enjoyable. You are all welcome to check out her other works following what is written below: http://www.booksie.com/KaitlynnRose - where you will find her fan fics and unrelated short stories and http://www.wattpad.com/user/KaitlynnRose - where she posts poetry

And now it's questioning time. ::coffee:

01. Would you tell us your full name?

I won’t say my full name for privacy as I am a minor, but as an author, I choose to go by Kaitlynn Rose anyway, my first and middle names.

02. How long have you been on mibba?

I’ve been on Mibba for probably a year and a half or so.

03. Are you posting your writings on other writing sites?

I post poems on Wattpad and fan fictions Booksie in addition to Mibba. I go by the same name on both minus the 15 at the end.

04. Since when have you been writing?

I started to write when I was about 12 or 13 because one of my closest friends did and I was curious. I started to actually take myself seriously and try to finish a novel when I was 14 or 15 which is how Alpha, my first novel, came to be.

05. Could you tell us a brief summary of your stories.

Alpha: This starts the trilogy, following Louve as she struggles to find a way to reunite her Pack as they’re picked off by Damien, a hunter whose family has dedicated their lives for centuries to hunting down her ancestors; meanwhile, she’s dealing with learning more about a voice in her head.

Streak of Black: The sequel to Alpha in which the Pack must make their way to France to seek help from Louve and Lovett’s aunt in hiding from Damien’s vengeful father and in protecting Damien’s lover and heir; meanwhile, the connection between her and the voice, Monique, strengthens, and she isn’t altogether sure whether she likes it or not as the story progresses.

Aspen County: Louve and Lovett have left the Pack, driving Ryder to the brink of madness as he struggles to find her once again with or without the help of the Pack; meanwhile, Lovett gets a firsthand look at just how dark Monique’s power is as he and Louve prepare to finally be rid of her for good.

06. What inspired you to write each story?

I had a bunch of ideas and themes that I tried applying for other stories. When I realized these formulas didn’t work in the context, I tried molding them into something else. I realized early on that I couldn’t write about regular humans which is why I only write about supernatural creature; I now decided that I’ll only write about things I don’t believe in or that science hasn’t completely proved the existence of.

07. Which characters did you like more from each story you created and why?

The only completed series I have being the werewolf trilogy), I believe that my two favorite characters are Ryder (introduced in book 1, “Alpha”) and Keene (introduced in book 3, “Aspen County”). Ryder is a person who has endured a lot and overcome his past to become a better person, but like everyone else, he’s not perfect, and he realizes that. He doesn’t try being someone else; he just tries to be a better person for the ones that he loves.

I like Keene simply for what he stands for. He’s responsibility, dedication, love, honor, insecurity, intuition, and loyalty in a package of imperfect perfection. Like Ryder, he’s dedicated to those he cares about and willingly accepts his faults while always trying to be there more for others than for himself simply because he’s accepted that as his role in society. Besides that, he’s sweet, and I have a soft spot for gays, even those I create.

08. Do you do research before writing?

I don’t generally do very much research other than appearances or locations for accuracy. For the werewolf books, I had to figure out how long each lunar cycle is to create their calendar, but other than that, I really only research if I’m dealing with history or preexisting material, such as a project I’m working on involving Angels and Demons.

09. Is there an author on here whose work you like or is your inspiration?

I don’t have much spare time so I don’t really read other people’s works very often. I try every now and then but it’s just very difficult.

10. Do you like experimenting while writing? Writing about stuff you haven't experienced and genres you never thought you'd write about?

I’ve considered writing about supernatural creatures since I first picked up the pen, but with all of the unfinished projects I’m currently working on—vampires, angels, sorcerers—there’s always a scope that I don’t see, and I have to just trust my mind to explore it. Everything is an experiment for me just to see how far past normalcy I can go while still making this take place in what I like to think of as an alternate Earth where everything is the same except with supernatural creatures.

11. What's the hardest story you've ever wrote?

One of the stories I’m currently working on, a series about a war between Angels and Demons which expands to include all five other types of creatures I work with, has been the most fun but the most challenging. Figuring out all of the links and alliances and battles while still trying to cover how humans might react to this when they eventually realize what’s going on is proving to be quite a task.

12. What does writing mean to you?

Writing is an outlet that I attribute my sanity and endurance to. Without it, I don’t know who I’d be today.

13. About what was the first story you ever wrote? Could you tell us a little bit more about it?

Alpha was the first novel I ever finished. I felt successful to finally complete something I’d been working on for so long, and there’s more about it in question five. The title actually came from the friend who inspired me to start writing because I couldn’t think of anything.

14. What's the story you're most proud of?

Even though it’s not done, I think that “Unus Bellum” is the one I’ll be most proud of simply because of all of the components and elements it includes.

15. What is your biggest writing weakness?

My biggest weakness is that when I don’t like a character, I make that really obvious by rarely making other characters fond of them in the least and taking great pleasure in executing them violently. Another weakness might be that when I can’t think of anything to say, some parts wind up sounding a bit like something out of a chick flick.

16. Are you more of a writer or a reader?

When I first started, I was more of a reader, but with my time more restricted as I get older, I’m becoming more of a writer.

17. Do you read all kinds of fiction?

I usually read other works about supernatural beings simply because that genre fascinates me, but I also enjoy Sherlock Holmes stories greatly. But only Sherlock Holmes.

18. Do you prefer original fiction or fan fiction?

I prefer reading original fiction and rarely explore fan fictions for even my favorite novels and shows.

19. Do you write stories with all kinds of ratings?

Usually because of language and content, I rate my writing PG-13 on sites with age restrictions, but I have written poetry and some fan fictions with lower ratings.

20. What's the genre you are most comfortable with?

I’m definitely the most comfortable with supernatural/fantasy/science fiction writing. I fail horribly at realistic stories.

21. Which genres and ratings do you prefer when you pick a story to read?

I’m always more drawn to supernatural based novels to read than to those about regular people, but I can still stomach the latter.

22. What's the hardest character you've ever wrote?

I think my hardest character so far has been Egeria the Wise Woman in Aspen County simply because of how old and wise she is. Oddly enough, my favorite type to write are the villains and antagonists simply because their dialogue is the most entertaining.

23. Is there a certain place you like to be when you write? Something you have to do in order to concentreate on writing?

I can be anywhere when I write—school, my bedroom, the car; as long as I have something that I can write with—my notebook, my laptop, my phone—I can just slip into the zone when inspiration strikes, and I will do anything I have to in order to get my idea written out before I lose it.

24. In which of the characters you created, do you see yourself? (If there is a character like that)

I mostly see myself in bits in my characters. In my villains, I see my sadistic, smart-mouth self; in my protagonists, I see some of my personal morals as well as some that I believe fits their profile; some of my characters share my dislike or disproval of franchises or products like one character in “Unus Bellum” who insults the Twilight franchise and Disney’s exploitation of children’s ignorance of the world.

25. When you have writer's block, what do you do to get back to writing?

I usually complain about it to my friends to get some inspiration and feedback; I sometimes try writing other scenes at other points in the story to tie back later or work on another project altogether and then reread whatever came prior to the writer’s block later on to see if there might be something there that I can pull from.

26. If you were a character in a novel, how do you think you would be? Is there a character of a published novel which could be you?

I feel like I would be the trustworthy sidekick who is always there for the protagonist but is the first to be picked off in a dramatic sequence.

27. Which is your favorite character from a published novel?

I think my favorite character is Rose Hathaway from “Vampire Academy” by Richelle Mead. I love Rose not only for her independence, strength, confidence, loyalty, and dedication, but also because of her humility and willingness to admit when she’s done wrong. She’s the type of role model more girls should look up to.

28. How often do you update?

I update when I finish a story and its edits on a day by day (sometimes slightly delayed) schedule.

29. Any words for your readers?

I don’t receive as much feedback as I would like, but what I’ve received so far seems to be positive, although I would like to see even the negative comments if only to just improve my writing that much more.

30. Any authors you like and inspire you? (novels/graphic books)

My favorite two authors are Richelle Mead and L.J. Smith. If ever I got the chance to meet either of these wonderful women and they’d actually read something I’d written and liked it, I might pass out on the spot. They are both truly inspired and wonderful at what they do in their own ways. Also, Richelle and I have the same birthday, so that’s awesome.

^-^ Thank you. ^-^

And with that our interviews come to the end. ::cute:

~Marian.
January 19th, 2014 at 04:07pm